Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder edit widget issues

06-27-2022 02:48 PM
Labels (2)
HansonMichael
New Contributor II

When using the edit widget in Experience Builder, the widget loads layers from the map to the widget that should not be loading and are not editable services, in some cases it even loads a map service to the edit widget. The errant layers in the edit widget appear to be editable but they are not. I only want those services from the webmap that are marked as "editable" to appear in the edit widget, not any service from the layer list. This problem started appearing a few days ago (week of 06/20) and is intermittent at times but will eventually happen to any Experience Builder app. In my attached screenshot the layers showing in the widget are not feature services, they are map services and not editable. Does anyone know why these layers are appearing in the widget and how to remove them?

Using new web map, Experience Builder, and feature services and map services are coming from an Enterprise GIS server (10.8.1). Thank You.

14 Replies
PatOBrien
New Contributor III

Hello @TianWen - we experience the same thing in Experience Builder (Portal 11.2). 

Externmely poor user experience on this one - lots of confusion.

This is clearly a bug. Has it been addressed in 11.3?
@Jianxia - can you check in with your development team?

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Yes, the fix has been included in Enterprise 11.3.

0 Kudos
PatOBrien
New Contributor III

Thanks @TianWen, appreicate the swift response. Look forward to our future 11.3 upgrade where this will be resolved.

0 Kudos
PatOBrien
New Contributor III

Hello @TianWen @Jianxia - I have been doing further testsing on this matter within ArcGIS Online and the problem still arises where I have an Experience with:

• An Edit Widget
  • A Map Widget
  • An Elevation Profile Widget - with settings 'Selectable Layers' Enabled with either the 'Ground Elevation' OR 'Customize' settings applied for the Selectable layers.

Within the Published Experience the problem arises when:

1. A user opens the Elevation Profile Widget
  2. Uses the Select Line method
  3. Selects the Line in the Map
  4. The elevation profile then draws using the select line
  5. The selected lines then appear in the Edit list under 'create features' - as can be seen below:PatOBrien_0-1722551444259.png

Therefore the bug is still present in ArcGIS Online, so I suspect that even if we upgrade to Enterprise 11.3 (currently on 11.2) it will also be present.

Can you please investigate and inform if:
    1. It will be fixed in ArcGIS Online
    2. It will be fixed in Enterprise 11.4

Thanks

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

We are unable to reproduce the issue on our end. Could you provide a sample app for further investigation?

0 Kudos