Experience Builder edit widget issues

06-27-2022 02:48 PM
HansonMichael
New Contributor II

When using the edit widget in Experience Builder, the widget loads layers from the map to the widget that should not be loading and are not editable services, in some cases it even loads a map service to the edit widget. The errant layers in the edit widget appear to be editable but they are not. I only want those services from the webmap that are marked as "editable" to appear in the edit widget, not any service from the layer list. This problem started appearing a few days ago (week of 06/20) and is intermittent at times but will eventually happen to any Experience Builder app. In my attached screenshot the layers showing in the widget are not feature services, they are map services and not editable. Does anyone know why these layers are appearing in the widget and how to remove them?

Using new web map, Experience Builder, and feature services and map services are coming from an Enterprise GIS server (10.8.1). Thank You.

8 Replies
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Could you provide a little more information regarding the data that you are using? Sample data would also be very helpful if possible. Thank you!

0 Kudos
HansonMichael
New Contributor II

Thanks for your help. We are consuming ArcGIS Enterprise Map Services into the web map and those services are showing up in the edit widget. I would think only Feature Services would/should show up in the edit widget. Additionally, when setting up my edit widget settings in web map, I only added my editable layer to the widget, but the editing widget will still display other layers in the map in the published version. So my editing widget has only one layer added to it but multiple layers show up regardless in the tool.

Here is a sample experience I just made to show the issue. You'll see the "Sample Editing Layer" is the layer I specified to be used in the widget, it is supposed to be there and is a feature layer. You can edit it. The "Economic Rates - highlight" is a map service, that is not editable, and is showing up erroneously in my edit widget. You can try to edit it but it wont save and shouldn't be there anyway.  FYI the mystery edit layers always are suffixed with "highlight" in the edit widget.

Here is the experience builder that I built to showcase the issue: 

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/51e7e9d9d8cd4d61886648c3905fb187/

Here is the layer I used, which is random to recreate the issue, but it is happening with other map services from other servers as well: https://services.gis.ca.gov/arcgis/rest/services/Demographics/UnemploymentAndPoverty/MapServer

thank you for your help

TianWen
Esri Contributor

The edit problem has been fixed. Thanks for reporting it!

HansonMichael
New Contributor II

Hello Tian, the issue has returned to our experience. It was fine the last few days and showed up again today (07/06/2022 0902PST)

BlairMcclenathan
New Contributor III

Tian,

We have had issues with these 'phantom' features as well, for us the issue has been occurring when adding a map service to an existing map, so these features are unable to be edited and therefore should not be showing up at all. 

Thanks!

PaulDorroh
New Contributor II

Tian,

The issue is still a problem.  I am see addition layer that should not be in the edit widget. 8-25-2022

ChristinaToth
New Contributor III

@TianWen I am also experiencing this issue. Is there a fix for this?

ClangDevGuy
New Contributor III

I'm also noticing this issue in Enterprise 11.2 and ExB version 1.13 :(.

A work around is adding in the Feature Server and turning off editing from the WebMap or having popups turned off.

0 Kudos