Experience Builder Edit Related Tables

Jump to solution
12-28-2022 01:19 PM
ChristopherBarrow1
New Contributor

Hi, I am trying to solve a tabular data issue in the ArcGIS Online environment.  

I want any of my 4 or 5 users to be able to edit a coded list (domain).  When we add a new record, for example a work order in our work order table, and the requesting customer is not listed in the domain drop down list for the customer attribute, only I as the feature layer owner can go back to the data tab in the feature layer properties and add another customer in the coded list.

I have tried sharing the feature layer in a shared update group, and they can't edit it there.  

The environment I am looking at for the front end is the experience builder edit widget, b/c it allows us to add a new record.  I have tried linking related tables together, but can't come up with a solution.  

Does anyone have any ideas?  I am up for any solution, just as long as any user can still add a record.

Thanks.

23 Replies
KumuduDesilva
Emerging Contributor

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
BenCunningham
Occasional Contributor

Glad to see this addition in the newest October release. @AlixVezina  Is this only available for fully-hosted features though? I have feature services with related tables that I would like our users to be able to edit from Experience Builder's Edit Widget. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ben,

It is supported for feature services but only starting at Enterprise 11.2.

Reminder: to edit related records and features, this needs to be configured in the Smart Form.

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have not used forms before, can you elaborate so I can edit the tables in EXB?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Please follow the steps from this blog to setup the smart form which will allow you to edit related records both while editing in the Map Viewer and in Experience Builder: Introducing Related Record Editing in Map Viewer (esri.com)

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

I did follow it from your previous post however it does not show in EXB. 

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

When you add the Edit widget to your ExB application and connect it to the web map for which you've configured forms, the related table editing should just work as expected.

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

Laura_0-1699999739071.png

Would it show up down here under some related tables heading? I even deleted and reconnected my map to the app. 

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

From the web map in Map Viewer, when you build the Form for your parent layer, make sure to add the related records to the Form.

AlixVezina_2-1700063535675.png

AlixVezina_0-1700063405157.pngAlixVezina_1-1700063420999.png

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

I did! Turns out I had customize as my option for editing in EXB but you have to choose web map setting instead.