Experience builder - anchored window disappears after 3 seconds

Jump to solution
03-24-2022 07:32 PM
BlairPellegrino
New Contributor III

I have an experience builder page (ArcGIS Online) with text in the header which links to an anchored window with help information (screen shot below).  When I click on the link, the window appears but then disappears again after 3 seconds (consistently 3 seconds).  The same is happening for the other two links (Contact Us and Share)

I have the setting to 'Click outside window to close' checked.  Screen shot of window settings below.

Am I missing a setting?  How do I ensure the window stays open until the user clicks outside the window to close it?

I believe this is relatively new behaviour.  It's not something I've noticed before, and I distinctly remember previously having to click out of the window to close it.  It is happening both in the editor, and when viewing the published version of the experience builder.

BlairPellegrino_1-1648175330445.png

BlairPellegrino_0-1648175135923.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BlairPellegrino 

We can confirm that this is a regression bug of the text hyperlinks and we plan to fix this bug in the next few days.

Until this bug is fixed, you can use button widgets (make sure the background and border are correctly set for both Regular and Hover) instead of these text widgets to link to anchored windows.

ShengdiZhang_0-1648191911998.png

Shengdi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BlairPellegrino ,

My first thought was that it was caused by an autoplay section, as you describe it as "consistently 3 seconds". I tried a similar configuration, adding an autoplay section to both the page and the anchor window, but was unable to reproduce your issue.

Can you try to disable the Section autoplay (if there is one) and see if this issue still reproduces? If you don't mind, you can share your app with me, my username is she10946.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
BlairPellegrino
New Contributor III

Hi @ShengdiZhang 

Good thought.  I've confirmed that the section autoplay is disabled for the content in that particular window.  Interestingly, the same behaviour is happening for both the windows that are linked to the 'Contact us' and 'Share' text in the top-right, but neither of these contain sections.

I have just added you to the group.

Very keen to see if you have any other ideas.

Cheers,
Blair

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BlairPellegrino 

We can confirm that this is a regression bug of the text hyperlinks and we plan to fix this bug in the next few days.

Until this bug is fixed, you can use button widgets (make sure the background and border are correctly set for both Regular and Hover) instead of these text widgets to link to anchored windows.

ShengdiZhang_0-1648191911998.png

Shengdi

0 Kudos
BlairPellegrino
New Contributor III

Thanks @ShengdiZhang - good to hear you were able to identify the issue and that there's a fix coming soon.  Look forward to hearing once the fix is in place

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

This bug should be fixed in today's update, please give it a try.

0 Kudos
BlairPellegrino
New Contributor III

Thanks for the update @ShengdiZhang - it's working again now!

0 Kudos