Select to view content in your preferred language

Exp Builder 1.1.5 offline install fails with "npm error code ENOTCACHED, cache mode is 'only-if-cached' but no cached response is available." error

Jump to solution
08-06-2024 05:11 AM
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

We are trying to configure the ArcGIS Experience Builder 1.15 Dev Edition offline and running into errors while installing npm from cache.

D:\ArcGISExperienceBuilder_1_15\server>npm install --offline
npm error code ENOTCACHED
npm error request to https://registry.npmjs.org/yocto-queue/-/yocto-queue-0.1.0.tgz failed: cache mode is 'only-if-cached' but no cached response is available.

npm error A complete log of this run can be found in: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\npm-cache\_logs\2024-08-06T11_44_07_985Z-debug-0.log

We already have Exp Builder 1.14 running on the same server.

Node.js is version 18.20.3 (We understand that version 20 is recommended for ExpB 1.15, but I want to check if this is the cause or something else)

Found this post Solved: EB Offline installation - Esri Community however I don't really see a solution there. Is the issue highlighted in that post fixed? Is there a solution/workaround that I missed?

Any suggestions are welcome.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TianWen
Esri Contributor

We've refreshed the cache file. Could you please download it again and give it another try? Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
wadsonmakari
Occasional Contributor

I am getting a similar error when running npm install --offline in the server folder (Node 20, EXB dev edition 1.15). 

npm ERR! code ENOTCACHED

npm ERR! code request to https://registry.npmjs.org/uuid/-/uuid-10.0.0.0.tgz failed: cache mode is 'only-if-cached' but not cached response is available.

I was getting a similar error with v1.14 and I logged a case with support and there was a bug that was going to be fixed in v1.15. Can someone from ESRI respond to this issue please. It looks like the offline install does not work in environments not connected to the internet.

Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Ok, so clearly Node v20 doesn't fix it either. Thank you for confirming this.

0 Kudos
wadsonmakari
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone been able to get any version of EXB dev edition to work in an environment without internet connection i.e hosting javascript API locally, connecting to a local ArcGIS Enterprise Portal. Can anyone share the steps they followed to get it working?

Furthermore, the bug BUG-000164137 is associated with running npm install --offline in the client folder. The above error is happening in the server folder. Is this a new bug? Can someone from ESRI comment on this please?

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

We've refreshed the cache file. Could you please download it again and give it another try? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

yes, that worked. 🙂 Thank you!

0 Kudos
wadsonmakari
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @TianWen 

My Experience Builder gets stuck after I choose the Foldable layout and click the Create button. The UI becomes unresponsive at this point and nothing happens. Inspecting the Network traffic in the Chrome Developer tools shows the calls below. I can see EXB accessing resources from my locally hosted API and making calls to local Enterprise Portal as well.

Does anyone know what calls EXB makes after the last request shown below? I trying to get what calls EXB makes after the last listed call so I can get a clue what could be wrong with my setup?

Any clues as to what I could check next will be much appreciated.

The console shows a cert error that I am not concerned about as it is a dev machine and I am in a closed environment.

wadsonmakari_0-1723220998990.png

0 Kudos
BolanChen
Occasional Contributor

@wadsonmakari If you create an app through other templates, can you enter the builder normally?

0 Kudos
wadsonmakari
Occasional Contributor

@BolanChen I am getting the same behaviour regardless of which template I choose to builder the experience on. Does anyone know what is supposed to happen next? If someone can tell me what is meant to happen next perhaps that can give me a clue as to what may be wrong with my setup.

0 Kudos
BolanChen
Occasional Contributor

From the existing information, we cannot determine where the problem is. Can you provide more detailed network request information and error messages in the console? We need to confirm whether there is a problem with request request error or code error. This will help us locate this problem.

0 Kudos