Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit Widget - Delete button still there after delete disabled

Jump to solution
08-27-2024 02:36 PM
Labels (1)
GeoRenewable
Emerging Contributor

I am customizing the edit widget in Experience Builder within AGOL and disabled delete in the customizations but the delete button is still there in the edit widget. I also shut down delete capabilities for editing at the layer level, but you can still delete data in experience builder. Not sure if this is a known bug or if there is a way to remove the delete feature. 

GeoRenewable_0-1724794424171.png

GeoRenewable_1-1724794458539.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @GeoRenewable , yes this does sound a bit like BUG-000165514.

Synopsis
"... disabling the Delete functionality in the ArcGIS Experience Builder Edit widget does not remove the functionality from the widget for administrators or owners"

Public Explanation
"... Admins, owners, members of shared update groups, and roles with full edit privileges now have elevated editing permissions, consistent with the behavior of Map Viewer. The capabilities of other users adhere to configurations and account privileges."

Workaround
"Use account types other than admin or owner at run time."

Are you using an Admin or Owner account to access the widget ? Does using another account type make the widget behave as you want ? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @GeoRenewable , yes this does sound a bit like BUG-000165514.

Synopsis
"... disabling the Delete functionality in the ArcGIS Experience Builder Edit widget does not remove the functionality from the widget for administrators or owners"

Public Explanation
"... Admins, owners, members of shared update groups, and roles with full edit privileges now have elevated editing permissions, consistent with the behavior of Map Viewer. The capabilities of other users adhere to configurations and account privileges."

Workaround
"Use account types other than admin or owner at run time."

Are you using an Admin or Owner account to access the widget ? Does using another account type make the widget behave as you want ? 

GeoRenewable
Emerging Contributor

Hi @ChrisUnderwood , I am using both an admin account and the owner account of the app. Thanks for this tip, i will check our user account to see if delete is disabled. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Oh good, this is logged as a bug! Last time I brought this up, it sounded like "working as intended"...

0 Kudos
GeoRenewable
Emerging Contributor

@ChrisUnderwood just checked from the user account type, the delete function is not showing. Thank you for the workaround! 

0 Kudos