Select to view content in your preferred language

ExB Dev Widget Add Layer data availability

08-27-2024 09:55 AM
BrianLeroux
Frequent Contributor

I am using the dev version of Experience Builder to create a widget. The widget calls a GP service and adds the result feature layer to the map. I need to use that feature layer in other widgets like the Select widget however that layer does not show. Same thing with the Near Me widget as the pop up on my new layer does not have an option to use as location for Near Me. 

i have tested with the Add Data widget and the layers added are available to other widgets. What is that widget doing that i am missing?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KimC221
Emerging Contributor

You may not be missing anything. Esri has decided a half built and incredibly convoluted web app builder replacement is acceptable and that it isn't necessary to reproduce widget functionality or performance. For example, the near me widget used to allow a user to search an address, select a point, filter based on attributes, and route all from within the widget. The Near Me replacement widget on EB does ONE of those things only, and they appear to have zero plan or motivation to reproduce the actual widget. 

It doesn't help that Esri basically never chimes in on questions here, so you can't even get their help. 

End rant. 

0 Kudos
BrianLeroux
Frequent Contributor

I hear you on that. Struggling to see this is a viable replacement for web app builder. I started with ArcGIS  Silverlight Viewer and was very successful. Web App Builder was a big jump forward but Experience Builder seem like a big jump backwards. 

0 Kudos
BrianLeroux
Frequent Contributor

After some research it looks like i have to utilize the dataSorceManager. I am able to get the instance of dataStoremanager but have no idea on how to add a data source using my featureLayer  which is created client side. Anyone have any samples on how to do this?

0 Kudos