Select to view content in your preferred language

DrawBox Equivalent

2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
Esprit3
New Contributor II

Hello! I'm working with ArcGIS Experience Builder and am trying to find an equivalent tool or feature that functions like the DrawBox in App Builder. I've done some online research but haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Before I dive into coding this from scratch, I wanted to ask here: does anyone know if there's a pre-existing tool or feature in ExB that serves a similar purpose? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies
TadHammer70
New Contributor

I too am looking for this same thing!  The Select tool looks like it captures the features, but has only a limited set of actions you can take on it-- and sending the information to a GP Tool via the analysis widget doesn't appear to be one of them unless I'm missing something.

Esprit3
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply! You are absolutely right, I completely forgot about the select widget! 

My goal is to send the data to the attribute table. If by tomorrow evening I can't figure it out, I will develop a middlemen custom widget with listeners that extracts the data from the select widget and passes it to the table widget. This is done through Data Action Manager, retrieving the widget's ids and action ids and injecting listeners through the DOM. I would greatly appreciate a more robust and simpler approach, however I am afraid I haven't found one yet. Cheers!

Edit:

You can also add a similar DrawBox function to the map through a custom widget, looks like this (top-right):

Screenshot 2024-06-26 235427.png

0 Kudos