Displaying popup only in Feature Info widget.

Jump to solution
09-02-2021 11:23 AM
Labels (1)
Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

I am using Feature Info widget in my map, so there is no need for popup window on the map. However, if I disable popup in the web map, the content in Feature Info reverts back to default as the content is inherited from the popup I believe. Is there a way to retain my custom popup content to be displayed in Feature Info widget, but at the same time have the popup window on the map disabled?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesAmato
New Contributor III

Pop-ups must be enabled in Map Viewer for the Feature Info Widget to work. In Experience Builder you can disable pop-ups for a map by clicking on the map in the page tab, and scrolling to the bottom of the contents menu. This will allow data to be fed to the Feature Info Widget with pop-ups disabled. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesAmato
New Contributor III

Pop-ups must be enabled in Map Viewer for the Feature Info Widget to work. In Experience Builder you can disable pop-ups for a map by clicking on the map in the page tab, and scrolling to the bottom of the contents menu. This will allow data to be fed to the Feature Info Widget with pop-ups disabled. 

HarmondSantos1
New Contributor III

Is there a way for this to work in web scenes? I've tried disabling the popups in Experience Builder and selection seems to be disabled even though popups are enabled in the web scene. 

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

This is a good method if you only have one layer that needs a popup. In my map, I want to feature one layer's popup in the Feature Info widget (and not have that layer's popup appear on the map itself) but I also need other layers to have in-map popups. It seems like a severe limitation to not be able to do this. Do you know a workaround for it?

Boyang_Wang

Today while I am experimenting in Experience, I found that this seems to be no longer a issue. Now that when you disable the popup for a layer, the layout in Feature Info is still respecting the popup you set for this layer.

0 Kudos
Boyang_Wang

Thank you. The disable option in Experience Builder is exactly what I need.