Select to view content in your preferred language

Date only Field won't display in ArcGIS Experience Builder Tables

02-14-2024 09:57 AM
ColinRichardson
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to create an experience builder application and am having issues with displaying my date fields in the tables within experience builder. My date fields have a lock by them when I open the table in Arcgis Online, map viewer, as can be seen in the photo below:

ColinRichardson_0-1707932660972.png

In experience builder when I create a table from the same feature, I don't even have the option to display the dates field.

The only way I could find to actually display the date field in an experience builder table was to upload the field as a date and let the program assign a time. However the time doesn't make any sense for this data as it is related to samples for days, times aren't recorded. I've tried uploading the excel file directly and changing the date field to a string data type but arcgis online will automatically assign a time and I can't assign a date only field when uploading directly because of limitations to that function.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated been stuck on this for a bit now.

5 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ColinRichardson 

Experience Builder has not yet enabled the date-only and time-only fields. We will keep a record of this and see if an enhancement can be done in the future. Thanks for bringing this up.

jrotramel
New Contributor

I second the vote for this enhancement. I just ran into the same problem and came across this thread. Thanks!

EllieLinden
New Contributor III

Is this also a limitation within the ArcGIS Dashboards app? I'm facing a similar limitation when trying to use a "Date Only" field in the Dashboards, where the app appears to only be able to connect with a "Date" field. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
sosero
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

@EllieLinden ,

For Dashboard, we have it currently logged as an Enhancement Internally. ENH-000167843.

KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello, I assume this enhancement would also extend to Experience Builder?

0 Kudos