Select to view content in your preferred language

DatasourceFilterChangeMessage does not appear to match documentation

Jump to solution
10-12-2023 08:24 AM
john_cartwright_noaa
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I'm using ArcGIS Experience Builder Developer Edition v1.12. The v1.11 release notes show that DataSourceFilterChangeMessage should now contain dataSourceIds property as string[] rather than dataSourceId property as a string and this is what the type definition describes. However inspecting the message actually received from the framework shows something like:

{
"type": "DATA_SOURCE_FILTER_CHANGE",
"widgetId": "widget_28",
"dataSourceIds": "dataSource_1-17d1b07042b-layer-6"
}

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_cartwright_noaa
New Contributor III

Finally found the (apparent) answer. The widget had been ported from v1.9 and didn't seem to pick up the v1.12 version of jimu-core until it was removed and re-added to the Experience. Now the message received from the framework matches the documentation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

A TypeScript type definition ending with [] indicates 'an array of'. So, string[] is an array of strings.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1697125988002.png

This is a warning that they pluralized dataSourceIds. I would expect the dataSourceIds to be in brackets, so I'm not sure about that part.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
john_cartwright_noaa
New Contributor III

thanks for your reply but I read the release notes to say they made the property name plural and changed the type from a primitive string to an array of strings. The typescript definitions supports this but the actual code does not seem to.

0 Kudos
john_cartwright_noaa
New Contributor III

Finally found the (apparent) answer. The widget had been ported from v1.9 and didn't seem to pick up the v1.12 version of jimu-core until it was removed and re-added to the Experience. Now the message received from the framework matches the documentation.

0 Kudos