Select to view content in your preferred language

Copy Features Function Missing from Experience Builder Edit Widget

Jump to solution
09-19-2023 08:55 AM
JeremyBrown4
Occasional Contributor

I have been searching the community site for a while looking for an answer to this question, but every time I see it asked there is no response from ESRI. I will go ahead and @AlixVezina , since she wrote the last article I read on the new Edit widget in ExB. 

My question is, are there any plans to updated the new Edit widget in ExB to include the Copy Features functionality that the WAB version currently has? If not, will there be some combination of features or Arcade functionality to accomplish this task, or will it simply be unavailable in ExB? 

16 Replies
PaulDohertyFEMA
Occasional Contributor

Agreed. This is a core functionality we need at FEMA to support Urban Search & Rescue. 

EmmaMontague_IAFC
New Contributor

Hi @AlixVezina ,

The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) has an application for creating and preplanning evacuation zones for wildfires. We have a workflow that is very similar to what @KatieHansen_NIFCAdmin shared where in Web AppBuilder, we use the Add Data Widget to add a layer from AGOL and then copy the geometry of those existing features into our evacuation zone layer using the Smart Editor. 

(See our workflow here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMIj5uHYk2g). This is a critical workflow and we can't move over to ExB for this application until this functionality is available.

JessicaGough
Occasional Contributor

Our organisation also uses the copy-paste function in the Smart Editor in WAB as a core workflow step for our users to create new data with high integrity. It is an absolutely essential functionality for our organisation and we cannot move to EB until this is addressed. 

ChrisH2
Regular Contributor

This functionality is also critical for an application that we've started building in WAB with the Smart Editor, but arde considering switching over to ExB due to it's support of snapping and the use of smart forms and contingent values (both equally as important to us)

I note the workaround with Survey 123 but is this the suggested method (or are there others?) for duplicating records within the same hosted layer?

Our use case is for a user to select a polygon and be able to duplicate the geometry, and then re-edit the attributes in the edit widget

AshneyDaniel
Emerging Contributor

You can't select multiple features to copy with this option like you can in SmartEditor but this is probably the ExperienceBuilder/Survey123 option ChrisH mentions: 

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/experience-builder/real-time/using-experience-builder-and-...

0 Kudos
Tiff
by
Frequent Contributor

Agree strongly with @JessicaGough and @ChrisH2. This needs to be a functionality available within Experience Builder sooner than later. I saw this forum post late last year but now revisiting because the Survey123 workaround does not fit our needs, specifically because:

1) Survey123 does not work with traditional versioned feature classes in enterprise geodatabases, which is a limitation for us and possibly many others.
2) Survey123  works with one target layer where features are copied to. This does not suffice for workflows where you want to copy features from one layer to potentially multiple layers.

KatieHansen_NIFCAdmin
Occasional Contributor

All, please "Kudo" this idea here for more visibility into this critical functionality: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/copy-features-for-experience-builder/i...

0 Kudos