Select to view content in your preferred language

Control position of widget dialogs when opened

Tuesday
shildebrand
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if it's possible to control where widgets open on the screen?  Below is a picture of a "Anchor Bar Controller" in web app builder.  Each one of these widgets opens in the same location on the screen and are sized correctly to show all of the widget content.  

I am aware that you can create a widget controller and set each widget to open in a fixed position with a fixed size.  The problem with this is that the fixed size does not work for all widgets.  For example, you can size the widget controller to show all the contents of the map layers widget, but then if you add a draw widget to the widget controller, the draw widget opens too small.  

You could also create multiple widget controllers, each with different size and position settings, but then how do you align the widget buttons from each of the separate widget controllers?  

The bottom line is, how can you recreate the "launchpad" widget theme from web app builder?  Each widget opens at an appropriate size and at the same location on the screen.  The user can also move the widget dialog box around the screen if necessary, and multiple widget dialog boxes open horizontally next to each other.  Why did we need to reinvent this?

This is just one example of why experience builder is still not a viable replacement to web app builder.  We recently released a web app builder app showcasing our water/wastewater assets to our entire organization of 500+ users and have heard nothing but positive comments about it.  I just feel like there was not much thought taken from web app builder to develop experience builder.  It seems like we're still several years away from being able to use it as a viable replacement.  I would love to show someone at ESRI what we love so much about our web app builder application and why we currently can't do some things from web app builder in experience builder.  I would love for someone to prove me wrong:)

shildebrand_0-1718746981161.png

0 Kudos
0 Replies