Can You Use Filter Widget To Filter Dynamic Data In Text Widget?

Jump to solution
11-05-2021 09:10 AM
AndyWells
Occasional Contributor II

I can't figure out if what I want to do is possible. If I have a filter widget, a map, and a string of dynamic text on an Experience Builder page, I want to use the filter to choose a county and have the county name appear as the dynamic text. I have not been able to figure out how to make this work. My text always just remains as the curly brackets field name. I have a sample site set up:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/272c435f6d664f5d978f64b7f2e9edc5/

I've tried enabling triggers on the map and the filter, but nothing has worked. I don't have a trigger option on the text. Here is the content I have set up for the text:

AndyWells_0-1636128551639.png

If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. 
Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AndyWells ,

You don't need to use the view of the selected features since the filter widget doesn't automatically select records.

You can add another text widget, choose the default view, and use the same attributes. When the text widget uses a default view, it shows the first record of the data source.

Regards,

Shengdi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AndyWells ,

You don't need to use the view of the selected features since the filter widget doesn't automatically select records.

You can add another text widget, choose the default view, and use the same attributes. When the text widget uses a default view, it shows the first record of the data source.

Regards,

Shengdi

AndyWells
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the help. I had tried switching the data source for the text widget between Selected and Default, but your response caused me to take a second look and I realized that the Dynamic Content dialog box also needed to be changed to Default. When I did that, it worked.

AndyWells_0-1636492868446.png

GabrielleFausel
New Contributor II

I am trying to do something similar. I want my filter widget, when applied to change the title to a specific MCDs chosen as well as certain stats. I am not able to keep the default view selected. It always reverts back to selected.

0 Kudos
ArianaMo1912
New Contributor III

I have the same issue where my dynamic text does not update the numbers from the table.

I have a filter to choose a category, I added data action to filter "Data filtering changes"
when I add dynamic text I point to the default view - but it only shows the first category and does not change when I choose other options in a filter.

What can be an issue?

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ArianaMo1912 , I added a filter to the default view, and when I applied the filter, the text set with the same view also changed.

Can you double-check that if the filter is set on the same data view? It would be helpful if you could share your app with me so I can take a quick look to better understand.

Shengdi

0 Kudos