Can the feature info widget show data from related tables?

06-14-2021 08:54 PM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi team, My gut feeling is no. I have comms records (table/non-spatial) related to property parcels (polygon/spatial). When I put the feature info widget, it populated spatial data, but not tabular. Can anyone confirm related, non-spatial data won't show in the feature info widget or is it possible, and I've taken the wrong steps? Is there a good work around for this?

6 Replies
Kara_Shindle

I have been able to get my related tables into the Feature Info widget.  However, I did this by publishing a feature service that I hosted on my own servers.  The feature service has several related tables published with it.  In the experience I am building, my feature service involves bridge locations / info, and then related tables for inspection and activity reports.  I was able to go in a specify one of my related tables as a source for the Feature Info widget.  

0 Kudos
SandraHayden
New Contributor III

I am able to show the related table data on its own in a feature info widget.

There seems to be no way to show what it belongs to.

Having the user try to make that association is problematic I think, especially when you have tables with many possible parents.

After the Edit widget, support for related tables is my next request.

SandraHayden
New Contributor III

I found that when you click on the parent feature on the map, it shows only the related data in tables/feature info widgets. Assuming you set up the triggers and actions of course.

elpinguino

Thanks Sandra. I got this figured out now. I don't like the look of it though. It's too busy. It's not the best use of the screen space. I also noticed the title in the feature info widget for the related table has it's full name, but I don't know where it is coming from. The feature info widgets for the spatial features look just as I've set them up to be. Have you found a different way to display the data (more concise/better use of space. I thought about stacking in columns rather than using section/view) than the feature info widget? I've tried removing some of the fields too, but it doesn't work for me on in the related tables... probably a user malfunction.

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle

Hi - I'd like to do this, but I need the Feature Info widget to filter out the related tables based on a selection - were you able to accomplish anything like that?  So far, I can get it to show all the related tables, but not any based on a selection on the map or a list.

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall

@Kara_Shindle 

This ExpB is one I've embedded into a Roads Service ExpB allowing the user to see the inspection history of a gully, as you can see the map selection gives the right data in the Feature Info widget.

JonathanMcDougall_0-1624912095829.png

The way to do this is to preserve the relationship between GlobalID and the ParentID (GUID) from the map action selection.

JonathanMcDougall_1-1624912209761.png

Is this what you're after?

0 Kudos