Select to view content in your preferred language

Button Widgets appear to change in size when switching between tabs while using mobile device

Jump to solution
Thursday
Labels (1)
Bec
by
New Contributor III

I'm using ESRI Experience Builder for a new public facing application.  Everything looks fine in the desktop view, but when I open the application on a mobile phone or tablet, the two buttons located in the Section widget at the top just below the Header, for some reason change in size when I switch from the About tab to the Map Viewer tab.  I've looked at all of the settings and I'm not sure why it is doing this since the two tabs are set up the same.  The About tab is a Column widget and the Map Viewer is a Section widget.  Any suggestions on how I might fix this would be greatly appreciated!  The images below the desktop image are from my phone.  The tablet and mobile phone layouts of the application are different from the desktop since I had to adjust for those devices.Desktop viewDesktop view

Map Tips and Contact Us Button appearance with About tab selectedMap Tips and Contact Us Button appearance with About tab selectedMap Tips and Contact Us Button appearance with Map Viewer tab selectedMap Tips and Contact Us Button appearance with Map Viewer tab selected

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bec
by
New Contributor III

I was doing some more investigating this morning and figured out that if for each button, if I select the lock icon under the Style tab to keep the Aspect Ratio, this resolves the issue of my buttons changing sizes between tabs.  I do have another unwanted issue of there being a larger gap between the buttons and the header when I switch tabs though, which I originally attributed to being just part of the button issue, but it seems to be its own separate issue.

Button Styles TabButton Styles Tab

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Bec ,

Would you mind sharing your app with me so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
Bec
by
New Contributor III

I cannot share the app at this time since it is not public just yet.  I know that would make it easier.  Once it goes public I can share, I was just hoping for some insight to get this fixed before making it publicly available.

0 Kudos
Bec
by
New Contributor III

I was doing some more investigating this morning and figured out that if for each button, if I select the lock icon under the Style tab to keep the Aspect Ratio, this resolves the issue of my buttons changing sizes between tabs.  I do have another unwanted issue of there being a larger gap between the buttons and the header when I switch tabs though, which I originally attributed to being just part of the button issue, but it seems to be its own separate issue.

Button Styles TabButton Styles Tab

0 Kudos