Builder view of page cards and user view are not the same, why?

Jump to solution
08-25-2020 01:17 PM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

I am working with ArcGIS Experience Builder as a newbie.  I have created a multipage experience, with each page (except the homepage) having one or more card widgets.  The placement of the cards in the builder pane is my desired goal, yet the published version for the user shows the cards in different and overlapping positions.  Why?  Screenshots below.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

What screen size (e.g., 1280 x 1024) are you viewing it inside the builder? If you switch between the different sizes do the positions change for the cards? Based on your screenshot it looks like you're using percentages for the cards. If they are using % under style then they will adjust based on the screen size.  Are the cards in a container such as a row? If not, I would add a row to control the placement of these, or you can always use px for absolute positions.

David 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayHodny

Both screen shots came from my laptop screen, same resolution and all that.

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

What screen size (e.g., 1280 x 1024) are you viewing it inside the builder? If you switch between the different sizes do the positions change for the cards? Based on your screenshot it looks like you're using percentages for the cards. If they are using % under style then they will adjust based on the screen size.  Are the cards in a container such as a row? If not, I would add a row to control the placement of these, or you can always use px for absolute positions.

David 

JayHodny

Hi Dave!  Thanks for the ideas to try.  The cards are in a "row," but not in the row container.  I will try that, and toy with the resolution, and px rather than percentages.  I will reply with any success, or not.  Many thanks, Jay

0 Kudos
NSalih
by
New Contributor

Does the number of view change or stay static as 123? how can it be set to dynamic within the card?

0 Kudos