Branch Version Widget configuration issue

Jump to solution
06-21-2022 06:52 PM
Labels (1)
MarkJTurnbull
New Contributor III

Hi All

I have an ExB app that has a map which uses a web map datasource. The web map conatins map-image layers and feature layers. I add the Branch Versioning widget to my app and attempt to select the data layers that it will work with. When I select and drill down on the web map data source, I only see the map services within the web map. I would have expected to see only the feature services within the web map. Is this a bug or by design?

To get the widget to work, I've had to create a separate datasource to the feature service (contained in the web map) I want the branch versioning widget to work with. Should this work around work? I am just experiencing some issues with the branch version widget picking up the version that has been switched on layer views in the web map by a custom widget.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MarkJTurnbull ,

Thank you for posting your questions.

When I select and drill down on the web map data source, I only see the map services within the web map. I would have expected to see only the feature services within the web map. Is this a bug or by design?

This is a known limitation right now, the data source selector can only list the feature service sublayers and not the FeatureServer endpoint, which is why it's not listed as an option here.

To get the widget to work, I've had to create a separate datasource to the feature service (contained in the web map) I want the branch versioning widget to work with. Should this work around work? 

Yes that is the correct workaround. The Branch Version Management widget will be looking for the VersionManagementServer proxy for that service, so you can use either the MapServer or the FeatureServer as a data source input for the Branch Version Management widget, both should work.

AlixVezina_0-1655908978973.png

I am just experiencing some issues with the branch version widget picking up the version that has been switched on layer views in the web map by a custom widget.

Please note that the versions switch will not be displayed for map services (.../MapServer) in the web map. This is also known limitation right now. We should be able to fix that soon. Perhaps this is your issue? You would need to use the feature service in the map.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MarkJTurnbull ,

Thank you for posting your questions.

When I select and drill down on the web map data source, I only see the map services within the web map. I would have expected to see only the feature services within the web map. Is this a bug or by design?

This is a known limitation right now, the data source selector can only list the feature service sublayers and not the FeatureServer endpoint, which is why it's not listed as an option here.

To get the widget to work, I've had to create a separate datasource to the feature service (contained in the web map) I want the branch versioning widget to work with. Should this work around work? 

Yes that is the correct workaround. The Branch Version Management widget will be looking for the VersionManagementServer proxy for that service, so you can use either the MapServer or the FeatureServer as a data source input for the Branch Version Management widget, both should work.

AlixVezina_0-1655908978973.png

I am just experiencing some issues with the branch version widget picking up the version that has been switched on layer views in the web map by a custom widget.

Please note that the versions switch will not be displayed for map services (.../MapServer) in the web map. This is also known limitation right now. We should be able to fix that soon. Perhaps this is your issue? You would need to use the feature service in the map.