Basemap toggle button

05-25-2021 04:39 AM
MatthiasDufour
New Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to have a basemap toggle button in Experience (like in Instant Apps).
I know it's possible to create two identical maps with a different basemap, but managing triggers is more complex.
I also know that it is possible to add the Basemap button to the map, but the operation is different.
Is this an evolution planned in the roadmap?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In the Map View widget, you can add two maps.

jcarlson_0-1621948654498.png

Once added, you'll see the switcher thumbnail in the lower-left.

jcarlson_1-1621948699667.png

Clicking that switcher will toggle the maps. It's not quite the same as the basemap switcher, as this will switch out not just the basemap but any layers on the corresponding maps as well. But suppose you made a copy of your map and just changed the basemap, it would be about the same as the other basemap switcher.

Personally, I think it's a benefit that the second map is configured separately. For instance, I have certain polygon features that show up great against the light grey vector basemap, but nearly disappear against imagery. In the imagery map, I can alter the symbology of that layer to make them stand out better.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MatthiasDufour
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.
I'm aware of this possibility, but I'm looking to use the Filter widget for map data and this widget only works for one map.
This is the reason for my question.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should post an idea about getting the Filter widget to act against multiple data sources. I'd upvote it!

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS