Allow the user to Enable / Disable Spatial Filtering

01-04-2022 09:02 AM
ChristopherSchreiber
Occasional Contributor II

Hello all!

I am working on an Experience Builder application that will allow the user to view 'Work Request' points on a map. There is a list that will allow the user to filter, sort, and select the points.

I would like to have the list also update when the map's extent is changed - but only if the user wants to filter spatially. When the user does not want to filter spatially, then I want the list to ignore the map's extent changes.

Is there a way to allow the user to enable/disable filtering the data by extent? If not, has anyone developed anything similar in Experience Builder DE (I am asking as this app will be built using DE, so I can add functionality if I need to).

Thanks so much!

Chris

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ajparker_hlth
New Contributor II

I'm pretty new to Experience Builder, and still figuring it out myself... Also, no experience yet with DE, but using standard Experience Builder, here's an idea (though it might be a bit clunky): you may be able to make something work with the Query widget, as you can set up a query that filters by map extent. This might require you to create two lists - one which pulls from the query results, and the other that is a full (unfiltered) list. And then a button the user clicks to select if they want to view the filtered or full list?

0 Kudos
rzufelt
Occasional Contributor

I had similar need, and ended up with two list widgets.  One in each panel of a sidepanel, so they can switch between the two.

Here is a post of mine trying to figure out how to pass selections from one List widget to another.  The first part of it has info on the way I set it up for a filtered and a non-filtered list widget in the same experience.

Probably other, maybe even better ways, but this is working.

R_

0 Kudos