Select to view content in your preferred language

AGO Experience Builder Analysis Widget

03-01-2024 07:49 AM
Labels (1)
BrettMartin1
New Contributor II

We have a public geoprocessing service in this AGO application in WAB. I have been testing the most recent updates to the Analysis Widget in Experience Builder. The ability to draw the input parameter on the map is a great improvement. However, the widget is still missing functionality that is available in the WAB Geoprocessing Widget. The input configuration is missing “use current map extent” for the extent parameter. There are not options for configuration of output popup or symbology.

The major issue we have found is there is no way to configure the widget to not create a feature service. In WAB if I uncheck “Visible”, the results are added to the map and not too AGO My Content.

BrettMartin1_0-1709307942923.png

In Experience Builder, there is no option in the builder. The hint in the app GUI states if left blank a feature service will not be created.

BrettMartin1_1-1709307961725.png

However, if left blank the tool fails.

BrettMartin1_2-1709307975134.png

11 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

ESRI has claimed that AGO EB will achieve WAB parity by the ESRI UC this year so it remains to be seen how this will all shake out. The Dev team is maintaining this post which lists the WAB/EB widget list overview. As with all things ESRI, I'm pessimistic that they'll reach parity without removing *some* functionality under the pretense of progess.

Oh, and add 6 months to the specified timeline if you're using Portal EB as it is the last product the chain to receive updates.

AValenski
New Contributor III

ExB is an exercise in moving goalposts. That post is laughably inaccurate. Just looking at the first column, you can tell several of the "completed" apps do not have parity and seemingly will not. The first four (4) items marked as "Migrated/Complete" all have no parity, in addition to the catalog of bugs identified:

1. About Widget - Removed completely, but similar functionality can be achieved via configuring Card Widgets, Modals, or other. Additional HTML limitations. Calling this "done" is ... suspect. 

2. Add Data -  Arbitrary and inflexible limitations imposed (shapefiles limited to 4,000 records/2 MB; csv limited to 1,000 records/10 MB and must have [detectable] spatial fields; geojson limited to 4,000 records/1 MB); popups will not read attributes from files that are added; layer-order chaos when adding layers; no symbological customization; cannot use added data in other widgets. Adding KMLs had/has a bug where it appends an additional (/), causing it to fail.

3. Analysis - Not a complete product. Released before it was done. Still no parity. 

4. Attribute Table - functions completely differently; requires individual layer configuration rather than global enablement; missing map action (view in attribute table); disconnection between map source and attribute table; differing filtering/querying/map-extent functionalities; no support for Web Map Arcade fields.

SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

No argument for me here as I agree 100 percent. This winter I was faced with either migrating to EB or extending code base in a 3.x app I have to support and I eventually chose the later. I didn't want to but EB is so laughably lacking in functionality there really was no choice. I will likely switch to EB at the end of this year since I don't want to migrate my JS app to 4.x but I am fully expecting the EB to be lacking features even a WAB app would possess. When a company doesn't have a viable competitor, this is the end result- you get what you get.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @BrettMartin1 ,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! 
We are catching up the functionalities of Geoprocessing widget in WAB gradually. So we will support “use current map extent” in future release. 

For the failure you saw in ExB when leaving feature service name blank. Do you mean this tool can succeed if you provide a feature service name?  Could you share your service by any chance to us for a further look? 

0 Kudos
BrettMartin1
New Contributor II

Hi @WeiYing1 

Thanks for you getting back to me.  I am receiving the error below signed into AGO when I do give an output name. 

BrettMartin1_0-1711705584996.png

Here is the GP Service: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/gisgeoproc/rest/services/LDSA/Drainage_Area_Delineation_Tool/GPServer/... Area Delineation Tool Ref

Flow Accumulation Service (reference layer): https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/gisimagery/rest/services/WatershedDelineation/FlowAccumAcres2018rev202...

Here is the WAB app: https://fairfaxcountygis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=cadf1f2929d34220b32d23d9685...

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

@BrettMartin1 Thanks a lot for providing the data. We will take a further look. 
What error did you see when you do not give a output service name? 

For the error when you providing the name, it is because the server hosting this GP service does not allow you to write data to it so you cannot creating the output feature service you named. You have to check the portal permission. Please check https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/geoprocessing/share-analysis/use-web-tools-wi...

The portal user must have privileges to create an output feature service. The only roles with this privilege are Publisher and Administrator. For portal users with a custom role, that role must have Members/View, Content/Publish hosted feature layers, and Content and Analysis/Standard Feature Analysis privileges.

WeiYing1_0-1712883477521.jpeg

0 Kudos
BrettMartin1
New Contributor II

This is a public service published to Standalone ArcGIS Server. The app has public users that do not have AGO accounts. We do not want users to create an output service. We need the same functionality that is in the current WAB geoprocessing widget. 

Below is the error message when we do not give an output service name. When you make this not visible in WAB there are no issues. See the app I sent above. 

BrettMartin1_0-1713177435363.png

0 Kudos
MarcusRademaker
New Contributor

Hi @BrettMartin1

How did you manage to get the error messages? My script for a GP tool uses arcpy.AddMessage and I changed the parameter settings (properties - message level) of the GP tool to Info. In WAB it works just fine, but in the Analysis widget for ExB developer edition it only generates the start/end/elapse time.

Hope you can help me!

Regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

@MarcusRademaker would you be able to share the go tool to me so we can take a further look.
If the message display on WAB but not ExB it should be a bug.

0 Kudos