Select to view content in your preferred language

Create a chart using a date field

03-28-2022 08:57 AM
Labels (3)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to be able to create a chart using a date field as a category.  This would allow a chart to be created showing count by date or sum by date.  

This is available in Dashboards but not in experience builder.

I saw this in the questions category but thought I would throw it in as an idea so it can get voted on.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/do-charts-support-dates-as-a-categ...

19 Comments
SPIROSMOURELATOS

Thanks, it is very useful. I would like to ask you if this chart corresponds to the selected point. if it is true, I would like to ask you how to do that. I have a time series of entomological data and the chart shows me the last value 

ThomasRickett

The charting is really good in Dashboards and Map Viewer and then falls flat in Experience Builder. How can date and time not be fields allowed to chart a year later?

MattChomicky1

@ThomasRickett - and not even any word on if/when this might even happen.

MattChomicky1

Word is that charting by date should be available in the Jun release

ThomasRickett

That will be nice.

AndrewMcDonagh

@MattChomicky1 any update that you've seen in this new release? Thanks!

MattChomicky1

@AndrewMcDonagh- This is now possible in the latest release!

ThomasRickett

@AndrewMcDonagh Yes, you just have to enable time on your hosted feature layers. Then you can build charts with date. Still waiting on them to separate Date and Time field. But I heard at the UC that that is something they are working on and should be coming soon. I would love to filter by time slices. 

AndrewMcDonagh

@MattChomicky1 @ThomasRickett Thank you both for the intel!
I was successfully able to add it to my experience builder this morning. The only thing I wish I had was the ability to use "objectID" as a sum field. In my case this is an experience builder "dashboard" visualizing Survey123 entries. I'd love to be able to show the total number of entries (or "features" in the dataset) overlaid on these other numerical fields which I can sum. Objectid is not one of the fields I can select. I am going to do a work around I think by creating a hidden field on the Survey123 form with a default value of "1" - so I can count/sum that field on this chart. Our project is having Park Rangers submit their education programs conducted through Survey123 - and we want to visualize correlations between donation changes and # of attendees for each program.

Thank you all for your input!

AndrewMcDonagh_0-1692971969031.png