Select to view content in your preferred language

Allow a Framework Action in the Filter Widget

07-25-2024 07:20 AM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

It would be very handy if the filter widget would have a framework action so it can interact with other widgets and/or data that have a relationship.

For example, I have a one to many relationship set up between Parks(One - Polygon) and Amenities(Many- Points).  I want to utilize the filter widget to select/filter out a certain Amenity and only filter those parks that contains that amenity on the map and on a list widget.  For example the end user chooses playground equipment in the filter widget.  Then the Parks List Widget will filter and show ALL the parks with playground equipment.

The list widgets contain a Framework Action, so the only way I can accomplish this now.  Is having a Parks List, a Amenities List, and a Amenities Filter.  So in order to do the above the user is required to select an amenity on the filter widget, which then filters the Amenities List (since it is the same data).  The amenities lists then shows all the results of playground equipment.  So there is a entry for each point, so I could have 10 playgrounds listed.  Then the user has to go one by and select an individual amenity from the list to update the Parks List of that one individual Park.  It is a lot of extra steps for the end user to get the Park list to update and it still doesn't give the full effect of showing ALL the parks with that particular amentity.  If the Filter widget had a framework then that Park list would automatically update as soon as the filter is applied.