Select to view content in your preferred language

webgisdr user account permisions confusion

07-23-2024 01:17 PM
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am attempting to run the webgisdr utility, but am encountering the following error, and I am unsure which user account this is referring to.

I am running a multimachine setup with the following:

1. MAP01 machine has ArcGIS Server + WA + DS
  2. MAP05 machine has Portal for ArcGIS + WA
Before using the WebGIS DR utility, you must ensure that the user account running each ArcGIS Enterprise software component has read and write permissions to the specified directory where backups are created. Portal for ArcGIS is unable to write to the specified directory: \\MAP01\enterprisebackups$\temp\WebGISSite1721764860576. Verify the directory exists and permissions are correct and try again.

The GIS Server Account is the standard arcgis

Portal Site admin is the standard of siteadmin, this is the user I'm using in the webgisdr.properties file

I log onto the machine as gisadmin, as this has read/write to both machines.

On MAP05, I can access the backup location on MAP01, and one MAP01 I can access any files on MAP05

When I look at the the drive where the the backups are being stored, the users MAP01\arcgis, MAP01\siteadmin, and <domain>\gisadmin all have Full Control.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JustinMallinckrodt
Esri Contributor

Hello Amarz,

The account that this error message is referring to (Assuming you're using windows) is the Windows account running each of the windows services. If you're using local accounts, you'll need to make sure the user accounts from MAP01 and MAP05 are both configured for full control on the paths. If you're using something like Active Directory, make sure that the same account is being used on all the services on both machines.

0 Kudos
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you, I think that's what causing the issue. I don't believe the (in our case) account of arcgis has the access across servers. I will consult my IT Department.

0 Kudos