Web AppBuilder and Portal for ArcGIS - Cannot see map layers

10-02-2015 09:39 AM
AdamVellutini
New Contributor III

Greetings,

I have successfully installed Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 on an internal server (behind firewall) and have created a map for testing purposes.  I can connect to the Portal from my workstation with Web AppBuilder Development Edition.  I can create an application.  When I go to choose the map from my Portal I can select it just fine, and the thumbnail shows the layers I expect to see.  However, when the map is loaded into my application I cannot see any layers, in the map or LayerList widget.  So I'm really close, but I have this final hurdle to clear.  Has anyone experienced this?

To summarize; I cannot see map services in my Portal map from my workstation WAB.

Thanks for any help you might provide!!

Adam

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try sharing the Map services with Portal or everyone.

Think Location
0 Kudos
AdamVellutini
New Contributor III

Thank you for the suggestion Jayanta.  I have shared the map with everyone and still get the same results.  However I just noticed something new.  I cannot see the map services in Edit mode from Web AppBuilder, but I CAN see them when I launch the application to view it in a new window.  So that seems very strange to me.  It still allows me to work with the application, I just can't see the layers in Edit mode.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos