Using X,Y Coordinates when Uploading CSV File

Jump to solution
02-09-2021 03:33 PM
cardiofaz
New Contributor II

Hi all,

When uploading a CSV file, i have to keep it to a LONG, LAT standard. Any ideas on how i can change this to X,Y?

So when a user uploads a csv file, it picks up the X and Y coordinates? At the moment, it comes back empty but works with LAT and LONG.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/csv-gpx.htm

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlisonKelsey
Esri Contributor

Hi @cardiofaz,

I've used this in both ArcGIS Map and ArcGIS Pro.  In AGOL, you can choose to add a new item (the table containing your latitude and longitude) from your computer, and check the checkbox to publish the file as a hosted web layer.  In this dialogue box, you select the radio button to add the features by coordinates (see image below)

Cheers,

Alison

Geonet_1.PNG

Cheers,

Alison

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AlisonKelsey
Esri Contributor

Hi @cardiofaz,

In the contents window, right-click on the table containing the X,Y data.  

From the pop-up menu, Select Display X, Y data.

The Dialogue box will allow you to select the fields for latitude and longitude.

Alison

cardiofaz
New Contributor II

@AlisonKelseyThanks for this, i am struggling to find this. Are you checking in   ArcGIS enterprise?

0 Kudos
AlisonKelsey
Esri Contributor

Hi @cardiofaz,

I've used this in both ArcGIS Map and ArcGIS Pro.  In AGOL, you can choose to add a new item (the table containing your latitude and longitude) from your computer, and check the checkbox to publish the file as a hosted web layer.  In this dialogue box, you select the radio button to add the features by coordinates (see image below)

Cheers,

Alison

Geonet_1.PNG

Cheers,

Alison