Select to view content in your preferred language

Attempting to Share Content to another Creator/Admin User

02-13-2021 11:33 AM
cardiofaz
Emerging Contributor

Hi all ,

I am attempting to share my content to another admin so he can also publish the layers in the future.

Any ideas on how I can do this? I thought it was via groups but he does not see the layers in his "content" area when we are both in the same group and is not able to edit them.

I would like content area to show his layers and my layers, so we can both edit them as admins.

Screenshot 2021-02-13 193111.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I don't think you can have more than one owner.  If they have the same admin privileges they should be able to manage all content the same as yourself, or you could both use a default or built-in admin account.  though possibly you may have slightly reduced admin privileges and can't see everyone's stuff?

0 Kudos
VickyWang
Esri Contributor

your admin (if he is the administrator of the Portal for ArcGIS). 
he needs to go to Content -> My Organisation -> Search your layer.

His "MY Contents" only shows the item publish or upload from his account. the Admin has the right to see all the content even though you didn't share it with him. 

For sharing items with the group, the items that you share with the group, can be view by other members of the group. They do not need to be an administrator. 

~Vicky Wang~
0 Kudos