Select to view content in your preferred language

Using JMeter to Test Multiple Services

Jump to solution
10-12-2023 07:21 AM
JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

Hey all,

I am attempting to test multiple services on ArcGIS Server using JMeter. I've read some of the blog posts on how to get something simple set up, but this seems to be only for ONE service at a time.

Is there a way to test multiple services at once to see how server performance may be impacted with multiple users doing multiple different tasks?

Thanks,

Josh

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArchitSrivastava

Hello @JoshBillings ,

There are multiple approaches you can take here, I would try to be as precise as possible:

1. If you want to execute the same sampler simultaneously for a few users you have to put sampler into "Synchronizing Timer"
  2. If not, then try the following:
    1. Add multiple "Thread Group" into a "Test Plan". Inside "Test Plan" unselect "Run thread groups consecutively".

2. Inside every "Thread Group" configure "Number of Threads(users)" as "5", "Ramp-Up Period" as "0", "Loop Count" as "1".

3. For 5 Samplers you should need 5 "Thread Group". Now, add 1 "HTTP Request" into each "Thread Group".

4. Configure Every "HTTP Request".

5. Now add "View Results Tree" as a listener into a "Test Plan". Now run the Test plan.

I have attached what samples test plan may look like. Hopefully that helps, If not, let me know I will share more detailed steps.

-Archit

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ArchitSrivastava

Hello @JoshBillings ,

There are multiple approaches you can take here, I would try to be as precise as possible:

1. If you want to execute the same sampler simultaneously for a few users you have to put sampler into "Synchronizing Timer"
  2. If not, then try the following:
    1. Add multiple "Thread Group" into a "Test Plan". Inside "Test Plan" unselect "Run thread groups consecutively".

2. Inside every "Thread Group" configure "Number of Threads(users)" as "5", "Ramp-Up Period" as "0", "Loop Count" as "1".

3. For 5 Samplers you should need 5 "Thread Group". Now, add 1 "HTTP Request" into each "Thread Group".

4. Configure Every "HTTP Request".

5. Now add "View Results Tree" as a listener into a "Test Plan". Now run the Test plan.

I have attached what samples test plan may look like. Hopefully that helps, If not, let me know I will share more detailed steps.

-Archit

JoshBillings

Thanks @ArchitSrivastava!  I ended up setting my Test Plan up very similarly to what you provided and it was able to do what I wanted it to do. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos