Unable to instantiate class for xml schema type: ArrayOfCIMMapScale

08-08-2019 02:43 PM
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I'm getting the following Severe Error in my ArcGIS server (10.6.1) logs. 

Unable to instantiate class for xml schema type: ArrayOfCIMMapScale

Any ideas of what the Unable to instantiate class for xml schema type: Error is and how to resolve it ? The error code is 50000 I can't seem to find this in the Server Error Codes? 

Thanks,

Clinton

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Clinton Ballandis‌ we need to take a look at what is going on. could you pls go thru support and submit a bug with reproducible steps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Did this issue get resolved? I get the same error in the log

Highlighted
New Contributor II

I am also receiving this error message in the log of ArcGIS Server as a severe error although there is not any problem in publishing the services. I published hosted feature services by getWebLayerSharingDraft and CreateWebLayerSDDraft and compared these two functions. I know that getWebLayerSharingDraft is the newest version and has more capabilities, but it looks like that this function causes severe error in ArcGIS Server not the other one. I just want to be sure that this does not make any issue in future. 

Thank you

Kimia

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kimia,

Could you pls reach out to Esri support and give us exact repro steps, data? We will take a look at this.

Thanks.

Tanu

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Thanks Tanu. I reached out Esri technical support team and they helped me to figure out the issue. I want to share the results with the community. After testing and reviewing the publishing process, we found out that defining "staging_version" for hosted feature services in arcpy.StageService_server() causes this error message. Based on stage service document, "staging_version" is optional in this function and its default for feature services is 5. Therefore, there is not any need to define it in the function again. I removed it from my Python script and did not receive any error message in ArcGIS Server log. 

I would like to thank Esri technical support team for their great help. 

Thank you

Kimia

0 Kudos