Services missing after Enterprise upgrade

Jump to solution
03-29-2019 06:14 AM
ReidWebb
New Contributor III

Hello! I just finished upgrading my Enterprise (Portal and Server) to 10.6.1 from 10.5.1. Everything seemed to install smoothly but my services are now missing. I can't see them in ArcCatalog or Server Manager.

I cleared my browser cache and rebooted the hosting server (single-machine) but didn't help.

Like an idiot, I didn't back up my site before the upgrade. I backed up Portal but not Server

Please help! Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have a valid license file for 10.6.1 version?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ReidWebb
New Contributor III

i found this post where it says to check the version.json file. That file told me it had not been updated so I followed the rest of the directions to restart the Continue Upgrade process. That process completed but my services are still missing.

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have a valid license file for 10.6.1 version?

PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry  i just saw you have a second question for the same Issue 

https://community.esri.com/thread/227805-missing-all-services-after-upgrade

0 Kudos
ReidWebb
New Contributor III

well, it's related but not the same. still haven't figured out the problem. it appears licensing is valid but still trying to be sure.

0 Kudos
ReidWebb
New Contributor III

I figured it out. When you run the ArcGIS authorization utility, it shows you the Authorization Number (ECPXXXXXXXXX) number that it reads from the provisioning file.

The problem was that, by default, the utility was reading the wrong Authorization Number from the provisioning file. It was reading the Image Server Authorization Number to authorize Server instead of the Server Standard Authorization Number. Once my GIS POC sent me the screenshot showing the two different numbers, I realized what was happening and changed the ECP number to match Server instead of Image Server.