Server upgrade 10.6.1 to 10.8.1 failed.

07-02-2021 12:55 PM
MathewWheeler
New Contributor

Hoping someone can potentially help me out. Upgraded our enterprise setup from 10.6.1 to 10.8.1. Thankfully got through all our hurdles with the Portal upgrade and I thought I successfully got Server upgraded. But unfortunately it’s not letting me log in to the Server Manager or Admin pages.

Server appears to be functioning; logs are being created. Hosted features are working/display; but the admin and manager at <FQDN>:6443\arcgis\ timeout without displaying and any command line utility that uses :6443 fails.

We determined that IIS is working fine and that the connector for port 6443 exists. I’m fairly confident it’s not a firewall issue. I believe it’s an issue with Apache Tomcat; I don’t see it running in my services, and I think that Apache needs to be running for it to recognize my primary site administrator username/password?

We’ve tried to repair the install and a fresh install (without upgrading) to only have the same problem.

I’m not primary administrator on this virtual machine, so resetting things will take up to a month (with really no guarantee that the same issue wouldn’t happen again). Time we really can’t afford; client is becoming more and more frustrated.

Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies