Server Error 403

Jump to solution
10-11-2019 02:32 PM
TychoGranville
Occasional Contributor II

Trying to run the default SpatialAnalysis Tool in Portal 10.6.1. I get the same error message with both web maps and web apps. Both internal and external apps otherwise work correctly (so, basically, they are fine if they don't need to use this tool). ESRI tech support is stumped (though we will continue to try random fixes again next week).

Server error log, permissions, forbidden

And if it helps, pasting the URL directly into a browser does indeed find the page.

Thanks,

Tycho

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TychoGranville

Months of tech support calls and we got it figured out. There was an extra slash at the end of the privateHostingServerURL value (under /arcgis/admin/security/config) for both Portal and Server. Removing that did the trick.

This:

.../arcgis/

Should be this:

.../arcgis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CodyMarsh
Occasional Contributor

Hello Tycho,

Does the Spatial Analysis tool run if you bypass the Web Adaptor and use the Server's internal 6443 port in the URL?

0 Kudos
TychoGranville

This is a bit past my skillset (and way out of my comfort zone), but if i go in to Server/System Services with the internal URL and submit the job (first image) I still get the same error (second image).

REST script screen

REST script screen

0 Kudos
CodyMarsh
Occasional Contributor

Do you have access to the internal port 6443 of public.co.wasco.or.us? We may want to try using that inside the parameters instead and see if the results are the same.

0 Kudos
TychoGranville

Hi Cody,

Nope, still get the same error. I forwarded this thread to my IS/DBA guy and got this response regarding the port -

Hey Tycho,

Only ports 80 and 443 are opened up to the public server. If we need to open this port, I'll have to have a conversation with Paul, so we can determine the security implications across the board.
Thank you,
Andrew
0 Kudos
CodyMarsh
Occasional Contributor

OK that makes sense. Do you know if the public server is secured with IWA or any other form of authentication?

0 Kudos
TychoGranville

Nope, no authentication.

At one point we had two web adapters set up - one for internal users, one for public. Tech support had us remove one of them when we couldn't get <something> to work (I have sixteen pages of notes with incidents and solutions and I didn't write that one down...). My IS guy thinks it is something related to that.

0 Kudos
AngusHooper1
Occasional Contributor III

Look at your console & network trace (developer tools in the browser) to see if any CORS or other common errors are raised when accessing the GPServer endpoint.

0 Kudos
TychoGranville

Months of tech support calls and we got it figured out. There was an extra slash at the end of the privateHostingServerURL value (under /arcgis/admin/security/config) for both Portal and Server. Removing that did the trick.

This:

.../arcgis/

Should be this:

.../arcgis

0 Kudos