Server 10.7.1 says layer not configured for sync

09-26-2019 10:17 AM
LeviCecil
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to publish a dataset from ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 to Server 10.7 for use in a Collector app. I've gone through all the steps to turn this into an editable, sync-enabled dataset. The SDE source for the data is registered with the server, I've added global IDs, enabled archiving (data is non-versioned), and enabled editor tracking. I've enabled editing and sync under the configuration pane of Publish Map Service in Pro. The service publishes successfully, but won't start. I see this error in the logs: Failed to construct instance of service 'BESC_Parkin_Main_Level.MapServer'. Layer(s) or table(s) are not configured for Sync. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. 

21 Replies
RyanUthoff

Are there any related tables or attachments? If so, Global ID must be the primary key.

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

Yes and yes. These tables were created in the SDE when I enabled all the settings and attachments. I just started from scratch and I'm getting the same error in the server logs.

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

From what I can tell everything looks correct. What's strange is that it is letting you publish the feature service. Normally, if you have sync enabled but the layers are not properly configured, it will give you an error and won't even publish unless you disable sync if I remember correctly.

Even though it was a different situation, this reminds me of the issues we had when Esri released Survey123 3.0. I believe if using existing feature services to collect Survey123, it had to have pretty much the same requirements as having a sync enabled feature service (where previously it did not). You might try going through this thread and see if there is anything useful because I think there is a lot of overlap with having a feature service work with Survey123 and enabling sync on a feature service. https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/07/17/how-to-turn-supportsapplyeditswithgloabl... 

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

I read through this thread, but I still can't get the feature server to be sync enabled. Once it's published, it says "stopping" in the server manager. I can't even view it on the REST services page until I go into the capabilities page in the server manager and uncheck sync under feature service. If I recheck sync and restart the service, it just says layers are not configured for sync. So I'm going in circles here. 

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

This is all happening on our brand new 10.7 dev server, so I'm wondering if there's a setting that needs to be changed on the admin page?

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

I'm not aware of a setting that needs to be changed to allow sync. Hopefully someone from Esri will be able to help out. I'm not sure of what could be causing this to happen.

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

Just got off the phone with tech support. Apparently this is BUG #000124999. Receiving error message ‘Layer(s) and Table (s) not configured for Sync’ when publishing a feature service to ArcGIS Enterprise from ArcGIS Pro when attachments and editor tracking are enabled.

0 Kudos
KarlieFreeman
New Contributor II

Were you given a solution? We are having the exact same issue. I don't know how to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

I was not. I escalated the case and passed it on to the 3rd party vendor that's hosting our server. Seems like something they need to get sorted out in a patch ASAP. It's still listed as "medium severity" though.  We might have to downgrade our server to 10.6 but I hope not. 

0 Kudos