Select to view content in your preferred language

Server 10.7.1 says layer not configured for sync

09-26-2019 10:17 AM
LeviCecil
Frequent Contributor

I'm trying to publish a dataset from ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 to Server 10.7 for use in a Collector app. I've gone through all the steps to turn this into an editable, sync-enabled dataset. The SDE source for the data is registered with the server, I've added global IDs, enabled archiving (data is non-versioned), and enabled editor tracking. I've enabled editing and sync under the configuration pane of Publish Map Service in Pro. The service publishes successfully, but won't start. I see this error in the logs: Failed to construct instance of service 'BESC_Parkin_Main_Level.MapServer'. Layer(s) or table(s) are not configured for Sync. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. 

21 Replies
KarlieFreeman
Emerging Contributor

Okay, I am on the phone with technical support now. I also hope that is not the solution- we would lose functionality.

0 Kudos
LeviCecil
Frequent Contributor

I would mention this bug to them to save yourself some time. Also escalate the case through MyEsri. If enough of us make noise about this, then hopefully they'll fix it ASAP.

0 Kudos
KarlieFreeman
Emerging Contributor

I did. My problem slightly different than yours where I only got the error if i tried to restart the service after it was published. I went through some processes with tech support and was able to solve my issue by disabling archiving on the feature dataset and re-enabling archiving. Once those steps were performed, I was able to start the service.

0 Kudos
LeviCecil
Frequent Contributor

OK. Did you re-enable archiving after publishing to the server?

0 Kudos
KarlieFreeman
Emerging Contributor

Yes. This is what I did.

Published the feature service from our enterprise geodatabase. We used the map with the feature service for several weeks but needed to add a field to the attribute table. I stopped the service so I could alter the schema. Once I added the field, I tried to restart and i got the same error you did. That the table was not configured for sync. I stopped any other services that used a feature service from that same dataset so there would not be a schema lock. I then ran the geoprocessing tool to disable archiving. I received an error at first and it appeared that it was unsuccessful but when i refreshed the database, archiving was disabled. I then ran the geoprocessing tool to enable archiving. Once i did that i was able to restart the service. So I think the problem you and I experienced was a little different but it would be worth a shot to try the process above!

LeviCecil
Frequent Contributor

This didn't work unfortunately. We're at a standstill here until this gets sorted out. 

0 Kudos
KarlieFreeman
Emerging Contributor

Oh no. I hate to hear that. I will be anxious to hear what you do to resolve the issue. I know you are too.

LeviCecil
Frequent Contributor

After working with tech support, I was able to publish from Pro with only archiving enabled. I need to enable attachments, and I've done so in the SDE. I'm not seeing attachments enabled on the REST page, however. Did you republish your service after enabling attachments?

0 Kudos
KarlieFreeman
Emerging Contributor

No, we enabled attachments before publishing. If you restart your service does it show in the rest page?

0 Kudos
LeviCecil
Frequent Contributor

Yes. I just enabled attachments and overwrote the service. Everything is working, and I'm able to edit the data in Collector and submit changes to the data in the SDE.

0 Kudos