FROM ct_table ct

WHERE ct.strno = 'xxx' AND ct.anno = 2015

) c

WHERE SDE.st_intersects(mg.shape, SDE.st_buffer(c.shape, 30)) = 0

produces the following generic exception:

ORA-28579: network error during callback from external procedure agent:

ORA-06512: at 'SDE.ST_GEOMETRY_SHAPELIB_PKG', line 325

ORA-06512: at 'SDE.ST_GEOMETRY_OPERATORS', line 1331

I tried to reproduce the error on a different server with an identical database but with SDE 10.2 installed and the exception never occurs.

Does SDE 10.1 version include a different implementation of st_buffer or st_intersects respect to 10.2 or 10.3 version? Upgrading the first server to 10.3 could solve this kind of problems?

Thanks,

Tommaso

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

By 11.1, are you referring to Oracle release 11.1?

Esri recommends to work on 11.2.0.4 (11g R2) for Oracle 11g users. See the link below for details:

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/get-started/system-requirements/database-requirements-oracl...

Oracle 11.2.0.3 is the base supported version for 11g. However there are several issues customers are encountering in 11.2.0.3. Therefore, Esri recommends moving to 11.2.0.4.

Think Location
0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

I propose to check if the Oracle extproc is set up correctly for direct ST_GEOMETRY SQL queries.

Also check for invalid objects on Oracle.

An another idea is to place 10.2 ST_LIBRARY dll on 10.1 SDE database in order to avoid any problems with 10.1 version of ST library dll version. Searching on ESRI support you can find some problem with that version

NIM104545: When using ST_Intersects with ST_Buffer on large fea..

NicolaBraccini
New Contributor

Hi Panagiotis,

the Oracle extproc seems to be set up correctly. I was able to run other successfully other queries.

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

Nice

it is better to try to change the ST Library dll version

0 Kudos
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Panagiotis Papadopoulos​ and Nicola Braccini​, each version of the Enterprise Geodatabase (SDE) is explicitly tied to its st_geometry.dll (Windows) or libst_shapelib.so (Linux/UNIX) file. To upgrade, both the geodatabase and file need to be upgraded. Although, it may "work" by changing the dll, this is not recommended or certified.

There are a number of bugs similar to this in versions 10.1, 10.2.x, and 10.3.x which were fixed at 10.4.x.

0 Kudos
NicolaBraccini
New Contributor

Thank you Christian.

Currently I cannot upgrade the geodatabe or change the dll on that server. I contacted ESRI support to know if there is a way to bypass this bug using the 10.1 version.

0 Kudos
NicolaBraccini
New Contributor

Hi Jayanta,

I made a mistake writing the post. Actually, I was referring to SDE 10.1 and SDE 10.2. I updated the post.

Anyway, I used Oracle 11.2.0.1.0, so maybe the problem is in the st_geometry library.

0 Kudos