Select to view content in your preferred language

Register Enterprise Geodatabase using python

Jump to solution
09-11-2023 02:00 AM
Sfortunatamente
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am having a problem while trying to register enterprise geodatabase using python in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1, I get the following error message:

RuntimeError: Cannot open AGS server connection.

I use arcpy.AddDataStoreItem method.The file is ok, I connect to a server using it. The server is federated with the Portal. I read somewhere that it was a known bug back there. 

I have dozens of geodatabase connections (different users/schemas) and would not like to do it manually.

Any ideas? I did not find geoprocessing tool to do that either.

Thanks, Bart

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sfortunatamente
New Contributor III

Hi,

you could have been right Marcelo, I had no problems with running the script in ArcMap 10.8.1 python 2.7 env against ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1. That's satisfies me for now.

Thanks!

Bart

View solution in original post

4 Replies
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Which version of ArcGIS Enterprise are you attempting this with? The compatibility of the geoprocessing tool may be affecting your workflow: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/geoprocessing/share-analysis/geoprocessing-se...

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."
Sfortunatamente
New Contributor III

I am not sure I understand your answer. I do not publish geoprocessing service (as addressed in the link provided). I want to automate registering enterprise geodatabases using Python ran in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1 against ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1. I have no problems registering gdbs using ArcGIS Pro "Add data store" tool. But python script fails..

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@Sfortunatamente - suggestion, please open a ticket with Esri Technical Support to investigate the issue further.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos
Sfortunatamente
New Contributor III

Hi,

you could have been right Marcelo, I had no problems with running the script in ArcMap 10.8.1 python 2.7 env against ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1. That's satisfies me for now.

Thanks!

Bart