ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED with Portal homepage

Jump to solution
01-13-2022 10:31 AM
GeoffreyWest
Occasional Contributor III

The Environment:

I have recently upgraded from 10.9 to 10.9.1 in AWS.  I have a highly available Portal fronted by an application load balancer.  The SSL certificates are applied from AWS Certificate Manager. Windows 2019 m5a.xlarges, Portal patched.

The Question:

How can I resolve the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error that is being thrown which is preventing me from logging in successfully?

The Issue:

When I hit https://gis.mydomain.org/portal the page opens just fine and I am prompted for my login. When I login I get an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED and page cannot be reached error. After further investigation, it appears as if the request to the organization page is using HTTP.

GeoffreyWest_0-1642098199938.png

When I enter the URL into the browser again, I am successfully logged in from that previous attempt, and everything in the console looks copasetic.

GeoffreyWest_1-1642098387610.png

What I have tried:

Creating a new application load balancer, removing web application firewall in AWS, rolling back to a previous state of web servers with web adaptors, opening in incognito, flushing DNS, etc, etc.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeoffreyWest

I was able to resolve the issue, I still do not know the root cause of why that page is requesting HTTP.  However, to resolve it I simply added a new listener on port 80 and redirected to my HTTPS target group on the load balancer. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GeoffreyWest

I was able to resolve the issue, I still do not know the root cause of why that page is requesting HTTP.  However, to resolve it I simply added a new listener on port 80 and redirected to my HTTPS target group on the load balancer. 

0 Kudos