Publish feature service to AGOL failed

3768
15
Jump to solution
08-23-2015 09:33 AM
KarenFolger
Occasional Contributor II

I was publishing a feature service merrily (doing the overwrite) until yesterday morning when it just failed. Somehow it's just gone in AGOL. Subsequent efforts to republish or even publish with a new name have also failed. It seems to be on the ESRI side. The message is:

"Packaging succeeded, but publishing failed. Failed to execute (UploadServiceDefinition). Please consult the GP Results Window for enhanced error description or contact your administrator for the server logs." The only error it gives in the GP log is

ERROR 999999: Error executing function. Failed to execute (UploadServiceDefinition).

Not very helpful.

I am using ArcMap 10.3.1 and the National Park Service Organizational account that was working yesterday morning.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
PaulDavidson1
Regular Contributor

Other than digging through the OS and AGS logs and looking at any recent Windows updates...

It certainly seems like it's not on your end.  I'd guess Esri pushed a change into AGOL and you caught a bug.

But if it were me, I'd try renaming the "FIRE_CurrentYear_py" to something else just to see if its at all related.  That is after all, the only exact reference from which you've got to work.

Or pull "FIRE_CurrentYear_py" out and publish again to some temp FS up on AGOL?

Yes, I realize it's not a "." and there's no reason anyone should be looking at it is a code file.

But I can come up with a number of scenarios where someone got lazy and introduced some odd bug.

If(FC-Name[-2:]) = 'py' .....

It's grasping at straws but everyone once in awhile you actually get the thread that unravels it all.

I'm curious, where's the pic of the fire on your profile?

0 Kudos
KarenFolger
Occasional Contributor II

That was the Tehipite Fire in 2008 - Kings Canyon National Park - just east of the current Rough Fire.

PaulDavidson1
Regular Contributor

Tehipite Dome in the right background?

Thought it looked familiar but the rock color being redish threw me.

Our air quality is incredibly hazy, looks like LA Basin on a bad day and we're 2-5 states away from it all.

They say >7 million acres burning across the west.

Unreal, very sad.

I saw where Kings canyon Lodge at Hume Lake burned.

I cannot imagine fighting fires in Kings.  Too steep and rugged.

Those hot shots deserve medals.

0 Kudos
KarenFolger
Occasional Contributor II

That's it - incredibly fun flight that day. The air's pretty bad around here.

0 Kudos
KarenFolger
Occasional Contributor II

Not so easy to "rename" since it's a feature class in Enterprise GDB that has internal ArcServer services off of it. I did export to a file gdb with the same feature class name and it published fine. I will export to another feature class and try publishing to a different name with a different name.

0 Kudos
KarenFolger
Occasional Contributor II

The "fix" to this was to manually take down the ArcGIS Service on the SDE data, kick off the users, do a compress, analyze datasets, and rebuild indexes. We were doing this with a script weekly but not sure if it was working. We did find some orphan replicas, posted data from a version and with the compress workflow this did the trick.

View solution in original post