Problem with getting an SOE to work ( Dynamic Segmentation Utility SOE Rest )

Jump to solution
02-01-2013 12:29 PM
TracyArchibald
Occasional Contributor
I'm trying to get this SOE working on my server.
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e3bfa7c991e34aa8872c937ca9169507

I've managed to load it into the Site->Extentions without any problems.  But when we go to publish a service with the capability enabled, we get the following error:

service failed to start
Secured.road_routes.MapServer:
SERVER2.myurl
ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

What class could it be looking for and what do I need to do to make it work?  I've looked through the documenation and can't see anything that sticks out.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
KevinBell
Occasional Contributor III
My "class factory" error was due to lacking .net 4.5 which was used to build the SOE...
0 Kudos
TracyArchibald
Occasional Contributor
In my case, it was the .NET extention support.  It now loads, creates the rest capability and doens't throw an error!  Thanks everyone!

Now, just to try it out!!
0 Kudos
AdamLucas
New Contributor II

The .NET Extension Support mentioned above was the solution for me as well.  I did not install the .NET Extension Support during the ArcGIS for Server install.  To install go to control panel, programs and features, double click on the ArcGIS for Server, choose modify and install .NET Extension Support.  Here is a good forum that explains it well.  http://forums-old.arcgis.com/threads/94186-10.1-SOE-error-ClassFactory-cannot-supply-requested-class

I also installed older versions of .NET Frame Works (versions 2, 3, 3.5 and 4).

Problem:  Could not publish a map services with SOE extension capabilities enabled.

Errors I received:

1. Packaging succeeded, but publishing failed.  ERROR 001369: Failed to created service
  2. Can not open file C:\...,  The system cannot find the path specified.  Probable cause:  The file is inaccessible to Server.
  3. ClassFactory Cannot supply requested class
0 Kudos
BrentHoskisson
Occasional Contributor III
Here is my solution to the same problem:

I realized I had been compiling in x86 mode.  When I switched to "Any CPU" the problem was fixed.
EliTiffin
New Contributor
I am currently experiencing this "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class" issue on my ArcGIS installation.

I am unable to load *ANY* soe's on my development workstation because of this, including the sample one listed in previous post. I can however compile and package them from the affected machine and they run just fine on other ArcGIS Server instances.

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling .NET Framework 3.5 + 4.5. I did a complete removal of all ArcGIS software and reinstall of ArcGIS Server, making sure to include the .NET Extensibility Support. I even pulled other installations of JAVA and investigated my environment variables just to make certain there couldn't be some kind of conflicts there.

I've also checked to make sure projects are compiling for AnyPlatform.

The really frustrating thing is that this worked fine last time I was working on my project a few weeks ago, I can't say what might have changed.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
RiverTaig1
Occasional Contributor
I had previously created an SOE which was working and being used by a map service.  I wanted to develop another SOE, so I simply copied the directory where my SOE existed, changed the project name, assembly name, class name, guid, and that kind of thing.  I was able to start the extension ok, but as has been the case with other folks on this thread, I received the error about the class factory.  What I found is that if I stopped the old service that was using the old SOE and then removed the old SOE, that my new one could be loaded and that the new service could start. That's not much of a solution, but it makes me think that maybe this has something to do with the key (.snk file) in the SOE project.  Theory being that the Visual Studio template used to create a new SOE gives you a new key, but by copying the old directory, you are trying to reuse the same key. Are others that are experiencing this problem copying directories instead of going through the Visual Studio template?
0 Kudos
TracyArchibald
Occasional Contributor

Thanks guys.  I'll be getting into this again shortly (probably after I've got the 10.3 server upgrade figured) so I'll give it a whirl..

0 Kudos