Problem with getting an SOE to work ( Dynamic Segmentation Utility SOE Rest )

Jump to solution
02-01-2013 12:29 PM
TracyArchibald
Occasional Contributor
I'm trying to get this SOE working on my server.
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e3bfa7c991e34aa8872c937ca9169507

I've managed to load it into the Site->Extentions without any problems.  But when we go to publish a service with the capability enabled, we get the following error:

service failed to start
Secured.road_routes.MapServer:
SERVER2.myurl
ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

What class could it be looking for and what do I need to do to make it work?  I've looked through the documenation and can't see anything that sticks out.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
TracyArchibald
Occasional Contributor
I don't have a separate project.  I'm trying to get it working with the sample data first.  And by "working", I mean "get the capability to turn on".

here is the rest URL for the sample data I'm using
http://arcservices.countygp.ab.ca/arcgis/rest/services/TestData2/MapServer

When I go to turn on the "Dynamic Segmentation Utility" Capability in ArcGIS Server Manager, I get :
service failed to start
TestData2.MapServer:
SERVER2.COUNTYGP.AB.CA
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
I have problem understand this problem because I haven't it. Can you install this soe esri that use similar library arcobjects so I can compare with it if it runs to you?

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=2ccd7d9d70cf4284b41e45859d2870a0
0 Kudos
TracyArchibald
Occasional Contributor
That one didn't work for me either.  I'm pretty sure the issue is somewhere in the server setup (since we've got such a bare bones setup), but I have no idea where to look.

I've got our server people updating the .NET and few other bits and bobs.  I'll let you know how it goes after that.
0 Kudos
TracyArchibald
Occasional Contributor
Ok.  So we've updated .net and everything else we can think of.  We also installed 10.1 desktop.  We're still getting the same error.  Any more suggestions?

Also, I can can get a look at the source, I might be able to figure out what I'm missing.  Is that a possibility?
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
Have you tried with another soe (for example those in sample esri) ? I haven't this error and I don't know how replicate it in my system.
0 Kudos
RiinaPakarinen
New Contributor II
Hi all

We faced the same problem with this error message:
service failed to start

The problem was, that we didn't install the ".NET extension support".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22369[/ATTACH]

Now it works and the map service with the extension can startup.
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
Thank you Lorenz for your feedback!
0 Kudos
KirkKuykendall
Occasional Contributor III
Without re-installing arcgis server, is there some way I can confirm that ".NET extension support" has been installed?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
In control panel -> Porgram and features -> select arcgis 10.1 sp1 for server -> click uninstall/change -> Modify -> Next  and then see
0 Kudos
ErinBrimhall
Occasional Contributor II
I have encountered the "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class" error several times over the course of upgrading my 10.0 SOEs to 10.1.

In spite of my best efforts to manually update my existing project files with the new 10.1 build targets and other elements, I ultimately had to just bite the proverbial bullet and create brand new SOE projects using the 10.1 template and port over all my code.

For one particular SOE I actually had to recreate its project from the 10.1 template (SOAP) a second time because of the "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class" error thrown during service startup.
0 Kudos