Pop-Up created in Pro does not work when published to Portal

Jump to solution
01-07-2020 02:48 PM
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

I have a hunch that this is a bug, but I'll ask anyway and see if others are having the same experience.

ArcPro version 2.4.3

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1

Steps:

- Created a web map in Pro. Configured the pop-up using the text option:

- Successfully tested the pop up in Pro:

- Published the entire map as a web layer (Share tab > Share as group > Publish Web Layer). Only checked the box for Map Image under Layer Type.

- Added new layer to a web map. Clicked on point and got this:

All of the dynamic fields that should be pulling from the attribute table are left blank. I checked the pop-up configuration in the Portal web map, and it looks right:

Anyone experiencing this issue? Is there a fix?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmyRoust

I answered my own question mere minutes later.

When you create the pop-up in Pro, do not remove the Fields option. Just add in the Text configuration and leave the Fields as-is.

I had deleted the Fields option (circled in red) before I published. If you have a Text option, it will be used for your Portal web map pop-ups.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AmyRoust

I answered my own question mere minutes later.

When you create the pop-up in Pro, do not remove the Fields option. Just add in the Text configuration and leave the Fields as-is.

I had deleted the Fields option (circled in red) before I published. If you have a Text option, it will be used for your Portal web map pop-ups.

BarryFosberg
New Contributor III

I see the solution. I do not see how to apply it to my screen.

I am ARC Pro 2.8.2.

Here the config pop up screen looks like:

ArcPro_ConfigPopupPg1.gif

ARCPRO_SCR_configPopUp.png

the instructions for the Text option do not tell me much

"Add custom text to the pop-up, including hyperlinks. Standard text formatting options are available. Optionally, turn on HTML Mode to further enhance the text." That option opens a new window that seem sot need a lot of typing. Nor does it seem to allow re formatting of a number to have, in my case no decimal places. 

Note that I had formatted the screen to change the name of the field. At the web map map, I had already re-configured the the incident to remove the 6 unneeded decimal palaces, then noticed it was ignoring my labels:

Web_PopUp.jpg

Granted I now have to reconfigure 24 layers at the web. Fortunately pop up configuration at the web is less obtuse.

Anyone know if over writing a hosted feature also overwrite the webmap configuration?

0 Kudos
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

@AmyRoust Wouldn't having your Text Pop up and your Fields Pop up just stack them on top of eachother?

0 Kudos
AmyRoust
I honestly don't remember what happened. I think that bug has been fixed, though. That question was asked when I was in a different job for a different organization, so I can't test to confirm.
0 Kudos
BarryFosberg
New Contributor III

Not sure I understand the question. I have a pop up for items that displays on a map. My pop ups displays fields. My problem relates to having to reconfigure display properties in the Pro/ desktop level, publishing to the on line map and having some configurations not duplicated it the on line map.  

0 Kudos