Need an Error translation

Jump to solution
01-29-2020 01:06 PM
SusanLundstedt
New Contributor II

In ArcGIS Portal. I am an administrator and I need to delete a user account (former admin) to make room for another user. Unfortunately, the user I need to delete is the user who owned (owns) almost all of our groups and content. I have managed to assign a new owner (me) to all of his groups but whenever I try to re-assign ownership for any of his items I get the following ERROR:

"Unable to change the owner of items that are shared to a group with the update capability."

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jill_es
Esri Contributor

David's suggestion is along the lines of what is suggested in this Technical Support article.  Are the items shared with just one group or multiple groups?  What version of ArcGIS Enterprise are you using?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Can you unshare the content then try?

0 Kudos
SusanLundstedt
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick response. I tried unsharing but got the same message.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Try ushering and managing the update capability for each feature, log out, log back in, update ownership, log out etc. Can be very buggy. That's all I have, good luck!

0 Kudos
jill_es
Esri Contributor

David's suggestion is along the lines of what is suggested in this Technical Support article.  Are the items shared with just one group or multiple groups?  What version of ArcGIS Enterprise are you using?

SusanLundstedt
New Contributor II

Please ignore my previous reply (which I have since deleted). We're in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1. 

I found the other "sharing" control....so now un-sharing works. 

Thanks to everyone for their help.

jill_es
Esri Contributor

Wonderful!  Glad to hear that everything is working for you now, Susan.

0 Kudos