Map Viewer Beta 10.9

05-20-2021 07:34 AM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

We just added the Map Viewer Beta to our 10.9 Enterprise, and I've had the following issues, and am just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues:

• The "Search for Layers" tool doesn't work for anything, not even my own content
  • The following properties remain grayed out for map image layers:
    • Styles
    • Filter
    • Clustering
    • Configure Pop-ups
    • Configure Fields
    • Labels

I was kind of looking forward to trying it, but it seems pretty unusable at this point at 10.9.

13 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

At this stage, Map Viewer Beta has fairly limited functionality when it comes to Map Image Layers as per this document: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/limitations-and-compatibility-mv.htm

The search for layers tool seems to be working for hosted features or referenced features as well, does your account / org rely soley on map image layers?

Map viewer beta is expected to come out of beta by ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1, at which point parity with the current map viewer is expected to be achieved.

Keep on keeping on!
mpboyle

Search for Layers doesn't work for referenced map image layers or image layers for us at 10.9.  See the screenshots below.  Using the same keywords in classic and beta, classic returns expected services, beta returns nothing.

Beta

beta-search.png

Classic

classic-search.png

Todd_Metzler

My environment is 10.8.1 single stack federated/hosting.  Map Viewer (formally BETA) search does work in our Enterprise.  What didn't work was the installer putting the app launcher in the waffle.  I had to add it myself after the install.

Why bother with Map View (Formally BETA)?  If you've publishers preparing maps for offline use in Field Maps, it's a must have.

Todd

ZacharyHart

@Todd_Metzler wrote:

Why bother with Map View (Formally BETA)?  If you've publishers preparing maps for offline use in Field Maps, it's a must have.

@Todd_Metzler  Can you elaborate on this further? Thanks, and good to see someone I actually know around here for a change!

0 Kudos
Todd_Metzler

A feature service type with synch enabled is a prerequisite to create Field Maps download enabled base maps with content.  I'm leaning toward instructing all our publishers to publish Feature Service type with synch enabled as standard.  Then you can search and discover these in Map Viewer (BETA).  Downside, more ArcSOC processes on the server.  For now, I can accept this because I've plenty of resources.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Matt - did all that stuff work for map image layers at the last beta 10.8.1 release?

0 Kudos
mpboyle

No clue...updated from 10.7.1 to 10.9.

ZacharyHart

@mpboyle 

Which is why i'm now definitely waiting to do our upgrade until 10.9.1 is released! Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

(Our shop rule: Never upgrade until there's an x.x.1 version!).

0 Kudos
mpboyle

A really good mantra to live by.  Thankfully this isn't our production environment yet 🙂

0 Kudos