ArcGIS Server Manager and REST API - Cannot Create New Usage Statistics Report

05-20-2021 11:00 AM
RyanSutcliffe
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to create a custom Usage Report in ArcGIS Server Manager following the steps as per the ArcGIS REST API Documentation. using the ArcGIS Admin Services UI I create a new report at the url:

https://<usageReports-url>/add

The json I provided is as per below:

{
	"reportname": "Response Times Last 24hrs",
	"since": "LAST_DAY",
	"queries": [
		{
			"resourceURIs": [
				"services/"
			],
			"metrics": [
				"RequestMaxResponseTime",
				"RequestAvgResponseTime"
			]
		}
	],
	"metadata": {
		"temp": false,
		"title": "Avg and Max Response Time over last 24hrs",
		"managerReport": true,
		"styles": {
			"services/": {
				"color": "#382DF5"
			}
		}
	}
}

I get a success response after I post this. But if I go back to ArcGIS Server Manager I do NOT see the report in the list of reports available. Obviously I've tried logging in and out of ArcGIS Server Manager, refreshing the page, returning to the Admin page to confirm that the report is there.

Note: managerReport=True which the documentation says should list the report in ArcGIS Manager.

Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug? I can of course, create a new report via the ArcGIS Manager UI but the limitation there is that I can only graph one metric at a time which is why I am using the current approach.

We are using ArcGIS Server 10.8.0

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RyanSutcliffe
Occasional Contributor II

I realized after that in fact the new report is being generated. This works. What confused me was that ArcGIS Server Manager will not show more than one metric regardless if you create it that way via admin pane. So I was seeing just "Max Response Time" and thinking that it was an old statistics visualization.