Map Viewer Beta 10.9

05-20-2021 07:34 AM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

We just added the Map Viewer Beta to our 10.9 Enterprise, and I've had the following issues, and am just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues:

• The "Search for Layers" tool doesn't work for anything, not even my own content
  • The following properties remain grayed out for map image layers:
    • Styles
    • Filter
    • Clustering
    • Configure Pop-ups
    • Configure Fields
    • Labels

I was kind of looking forward to trying it, but it seems pretty unusable at this point at 10.9.

13 Replies
ZacharyHart

Alas, we don't have that luxury...

Good luck and thanks again.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yeah ok so none of that worked at 10.8.1 beta and won't work now.  I'm sure you've figured this out already, but for straight up dynamic map services, you (or at least I did) have to add your layers to the beta's TOC one layer at a time from the rest url, (i.e  /0, /1 etc) unless you have feature access enabled.  Feature access enabled on the service allows you to add the layer like a hosted layer.

0 Kudos
Todd_Metzler

Agree.  Some of the functionality limitations in Map Viewer (BETA) in Enterprise inhibit full implementation.  Here's what I've discovered and why I'm still telling my publishers to use it.

A feature service type with synch enabled is a prerequisite to create Field Maps download enabled base maps with content.  I'm leaning toward instructing all our publishers to publish Feature Service type with synch enabled as standard.  Then you can search and discover these in Map Viewer (BETA).  Downside, more ArcSOC processes on the server.  For now, I can accept this because I've plenty of resources.

Good luck!

Todd

0 Kudos
JamiePetersen
Occasional Contributor II

I can confirm that map image layers cannot be added to the 10.8.1 release either.  Further, the same exact map image portal item that is synchronized to our ArcGIS Online organization via collaboration is able to be added to the ArcGIS Online version of Map Viewer Beta.  So, it is only the Enterprise Map Viewer Beta that does not handle them.

0 Kudos