Map service with joined tables

02-01-2023 01:31 PM
YasnaiaMassie
New Contributor

Is it possible publish a map service to portal with joined tables?
I have a arcpro document with many layers (feature classes). Each layer is symbolized  based on the field of its joined table. When I try to publish a map service the join does  not work. 

I have ArcGIS enterprise with a local server, my ArcPro is 2.9. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

yes, map service supports joins. If it doesn't work for you then there must be some other issues going on... if problem persists, maybe a good idea to check with Esri Support.

When I try to publish a map service the join does not work.

also, would you mind describe a bit more on what exact is not working? another question - are you adding the service as a 'map image layer' (aka map service layer') in your web app or adding individual layer off the map service as 'feature layer' in your webmap?

thanks

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

where are the feature class and joined table coming from?

0 Kudos
AlexJohnson
New Contributor II

Yes, it's definitely possible. (Not always straight-forward, but possible. I've run into several different issues publishing joined tables.) I'd recommend that your joined tables are registered with the geodatabase, as I worked out in this previous thread: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-portal-questions/popups-and-joined-geodatabase-views...

GIS Architect & Environmental Engineer
Principal, Arete Systems
0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes, I've had some issues with using a feature class symbolized on a joined table as a Feature Service in a web map. Are you trying to add it to a map as a feature service or a map service? If this is the issue you're having, you may need to use it in the web map as a map service.

0 Kudos
YasnaiaMassie
New Contributor

Here is an illustration what I've been doing which is not working.

YasnaiaMassie_0-1675360500588.png

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks @YasnaiaMassie for providing the illustration.

how do you know map service is not honoring the join? Do you see fields from the joined table in the layer REST resources? if you submit a query request with outFields=*, do you see all fields from left and the right side of the join in the result?

0 Kudos