Managed database validation fails

03-29-2020 09:52 AM
FarakhSaeed
New Contributor

Our hosted ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 system started showing errors after a Windows Server 2016 update. There are validation errors against Managed Database, Spatiotemporal and Tile Cache as shown in below picture:

In the Logs tab, I notice following two messages:

SEVEREMar 29, 2020, 6:29:26 PMThe connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Instance not available on serverDataValidator.GPServer

WARNINGMar 29, 2020, 6:29:14 PMFailed to validate the data store machine 'URL'. 'Server machine 'URL' returned an error. 'Invalid Token.''Admin

Appreciate if someone could direct me in the right direction. Thanks

Farakh

0 Kudos
12 Replies
VickyS
by
Occasional Contributor

I had this problem with just the managed database. Running the update licence tool fixed it.

ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference—ArcGIS Data Store (Windows) Installation Guide | Documen... 

FarakhSaeed
New Contributor

Thanks Vicky, 

I ran the updatelicense.bat command but received following error message:

Error encountered: No relational data store configured. This operation only allowed on a relational data store.

Farakh

0 Kudos
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Farakh,

It sounds like there is an issue with the relation data store. I would recommend running the 'describedatastore' utility. This returns status information regarding data store. Based on the error messages and the validation failures server may be unable to communicate with data store.

Examples:

• Data store status 
  • Disk space available
  • Data store mode 
  • Portal URL 
  • Owning system URL

ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
FarakhSaeed
New Contributor

Thanks Thomas, 

I'm getting the following error while running the describedatastore command:

Error encountered: The data store machine may not have been initialized.

I'm not sure if I should run registerdatastore command (considering the first error: "No relational data store configured") as this problem arises with a fully-working system already having many feature layers, Survey123 Forms and dashboards etc. 

Farakh

0 Kudos
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Farakh, 

If you are not able to run the describedatastore command I would also expect registerdatastore to fail with the same error message. It appears currently that you are not able to connect to ArcGIS Data Store. Can you verify that the ArcGIS Data Store Windows service is running? If running restart the Windows service. If the Windows service is running I  recommend checking if the ArcGIS Data Store processes are running using Task Manager.

• Enable the 'Command Line' field in task manager. This will allow you to see which Enterprise component is related to each process.
  • Data Store processes: 
    • ArcGISServer EXE
    • Java(TM) Platform SE binary
    • PostgreSQL Server

If you are still unable to run the describedatastore command I would recommend creating a case with Technical Support to troubleshoot further.

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
FarakhSaeed
New Contributor

Dear Thomas, Thanks again. I found all three Data Store processes running in Task Manager. Restarted services and ran describedatastore command again but same error message. As you suggested, I guess it's time to contact Technical Support.

Farakh

0 Kudos
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor

Farakh,

Did you get the issue resolved? I am experiencing the same thing. Thanks!

RyanMacVeigh2
New Contributor

We are also dealing with this issue. Has anyone been able to resolve?

0 Kudos
LHo
by
New Contributor III

Hi - was anyone able to resolve this? We are facing a similar issue.  

0 Kudos