Managed database validation fails

03-29-2020 09:52 AM
FarakhSaeed
New Contributor

Our hosted ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 system started showing errors after a Windows Server 2016 update. There are validation errors against Managed Database, Spatiotemporal and Tile Cache as shown in below picture:

In the Logs tab, I notice following two messages:

SEVEREMar 29, 2020, 6:29:26 PMThe connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Instance not available on serverDataValidator.GPServer

WARNINGMar 29, 2020, 6:29:14 PMFailed to validate the data store machine 'URL'. 'Server machine 'URL' returned an error. 'Invalid Token.''Admin

Appreciate if someone could direct me in the right direction. Thanks

Farakh

0 Kudos
12 Replies
sngakane
New Contributor

Good day All,

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

Encountered the same issue and turns out that on our instance arcgis-data-store-config.json from D:\arcgisdatastore\etc got corrupted. So what I did was to stop ArcGIS Datastore and copy the file from another working environment. On the file changed only the datastore.release to the correct version and also the machine name and thereafter saved the file.

Once the file was saved started ArcGIS Datastore service, I was then able to see PostgreSQL Server processes coming up from datastore. Open command prompt using service account and ran both describedatastore.bat and updatelicense.bat successfully thereafter. On ArcGIS server manager both Tiled and managed databases validated successfully thereafter.

Hope this helps.

Sello 

0 Kudos
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

If anyone finds this thread like me and is having a similar problem, I could fix my problem.

After putting in a full backup of one of my servers, the datastore couldn't be validated.

"describedatastore.bat" showed the error "The data store machine may not have been initialized".

When opening the datastore config page in IE, the datastore expected me to first time configure it. (wich was wrong, because it had been configured)

After searching for a while, I found that in the data store config folder ("[installpath]\datastore\etc") the file "relational-config.json" was missing.

Only a "relational-config.json.backup" and "relational-config.json.history" where present.

I copied the "relational-config.json.backup" and renamed it to "relational-config.json".

After a restart of the portal and datastore service, everything was working again.

PS: I have no clue, why the config had been renamed...

WilliamMoreno
New Contributor

Thank you very much @SebastianBosbach, the same thing happened to me, I followed the same steps and it worked fine.

0 Kudos