Is possible to have Survey123 web in an ArcGIS enterprise 16.1 instance?

02-14-2018 07:25 AM
Cristian_Galindo
Occasional Contributor III

I just installed an ArcGIS Enterprise 16.1, I was wondering if I can offer to my users the possibility to have Survey123 in a web environment, either for the creation of surveys as well for the submission of data in surveys.

I was reading Administrator guide of Portal for ArcGIS, and did not found anything regarding that.

8 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Do you mean 10.6? In any case, Survery123 is for any ArcGIS Enterprise deployment between 10.3.1 and the current release, (10.6):

System requirements—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

ArcGIS requirements

To use a form in Survey123, you must have an ArcGIS organizational account. To create forms in Survey123 Connect, you must have an ArcGIS organizational account with publishing permissions. ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5 and later are supported. Portal for ArcGIS is supported at 10.3.1–10.4.1.

0 Kudos
Cristian_Galindo

Hello Jonathan,

You are correct regarding the version, I mean 10.6.

Regarding the quote you state, it does not answer my question: "I was wondering if I can offer to my users the possibility to have Survey123 in a web environment, either for the creation of surveys as well for the submission of data in surveys."

I have been looking around and it does not show any option to activate it.

I can confirm, that if I publish a survey from Survey 123 connect or submit data using Survey123 (windows/android) application, the data is stored in the ArcGIS Enterprise instance.

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm unsure I understand the requirement here. Any web environment requires a server to host the application - otherwise there's nothing for the client to communicate with.

Can you please restate your question?

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Do you mean reaching Survey123 through a browser?

Ex.

https://survey123.arcgis.com/ 

If not, as Randall Williams‌ asked, please elaborate on your question.

Cristian_Galindo

You are correct Jonathan, I mean reach Survey123 through a browser.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Cristian,

Is the functionality you are looking for the same as shown in this video - Configuring Survey123 for ArcGIS Enterprise - YouTube ?

Regards,

Nic

AndrewHeimark
New Contributor II

Do you know when this fuction will be out of developer's beta or is there a new link to point to?  The video was posted over a year ago and we are still pointing our portal survey's to the developers site.

Thanks,

Drew

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cristian,

> ArcGIS Enterprise ... I was wondering if I can offer to my users the possibility to have Survey123 in a web environment, either for the creation of surveys as well for the submission of data in surveys.

Just to elaborate on Nic's post and the video that was referenced; the answer is "no". The Survey123 website is currently not fully supported with ArcGIS Enterprise. Right now, only the Analysis and Data tabs in the Survey123 website works with Enterprise. Survey creation via Web Designer and submitting surveys through a web browser are not supported.

FYI: How To: Configure Portal for ArcGIS to work with survey123.arcgis.com 

However, enabling the Survey123 website to work with ArcGIS Enterprise is an open requirement for the Survey123 Dev team. Please vote for the enhancement on the ArcGIS Ideas site,

Survey123 for ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,