Select to view content in your preferred language

I'm trying to publish a feature server, and get "Invalid folder location", even though Server Manager validates the folder is accessible.

03-22-2016 04:20 PM
ChuckBenton
Occasional Contributor

Here's the error, which is generated when attempting to register the folder using ArcMap Basic.  Note the Server is Standard.

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 9.39.59 AM.png

Here's the result I get from Server Manager for the exact same folder:

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 7.15.02 PM.png

I've made sure the folder is shared.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?  FYI, I'm following the procedures outlined in the Tax Parcel Viewer sample.

Chuck

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChuckBenton
Occasional Contributor

I just spent over a week trying to get this running, not realizing that I could not use a folder based data store when publishing a feature service under ArcGIS for Server (as opposed to ArcGIS Online).  Per the Server analyst that assisted me: "No, I would not have done it the same way since publishing a feature service requires that it resides in a multiuser geodatabase (SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, etc.).  The AWS instance should come with an install of SQL Server or SQL Server Express.  You will need to move your data into a multiuser geodatabase that is registered with server or the SQL Server instance that comes with AWS (not a folder) and then re-publish.  Alternatively, you can publish data in a folder or file geodatabase to ArcGIS Online and create a feature service without any additional steps."

It would have been nice if the guidance in the sample had made that clear... well, live and learn...